About Exeadapter Error
|Error Name:||Exeadapter Error||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||EXEAdapter.exe error mostly occurs when Microsoft . net framework is missing or damage on your windows operating system.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Incomplete installation of Microsoft.Net framework, Framework.XML file is deleted or removed accidentally||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Scan your system with Spyhunter, Reinstall or Repair Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows|
QuickBooks is one of the accounting software that is mainly used in the organization for financial management. Since it has become popular and people are using it highly in the organizations, while using it, they are facing some issues in which various error messages are displayed. Here we will be discussing the Exeadapter error before talking about the causes and the fixes of the Exeadapter error.
Let’s quickly take an overview of what exadapter error is? Prominently it’s an error that occurs due to the problem in the system registry and the problem in the System registry is caused because of the misconfiguration files. The error in windows can lead to the improper functioning of the system like computer freezing, slow system performance, program lock-ups, and system crash.
- 1 About Exeadapter Error
- 2 Causes of Exeadapter Error
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Exeadapter Error
- 4 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Exeadapter Error
- 5 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Exeadapter Error
- 6 How to Fix Exeadapter Error
- 6.1 1. Method One: Automatically use the QuickBooks with Regcure pro
- 6.2 2. Method Two: Scan your system with Spyhunter
- 6.3 3. Method Three: Manual Uninstallation
- 6.4 4. Method Four: Download and Install Windows Updates
- 6.5 5. Method Five: Reinstall or Repair Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows
- 6.6 6. Method Six: Do the required changes to the Framework.xml file
- 6.7 7. Method Seven: Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- 7 FAQ
- 8 Un-Discovered QB Installation Errors
What do you understand with Exeadapter Error?
When you install or upgrade QB, the installer first installs all of the essential components, one of which is the Microsoft.NET Framework. If the Framework.xml file, which is essential for .NET installation is broken or corrupt. It prevents the .NET Framework from being installed on your system, resulting in an EXEAdapter Error in QuickBooks.
When you get an EXE Adapter error (also known as error 61686 on Windows), you’ll see an error notification that says, “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. EXEAdapter error: InstallExe method received the system error from create process, command-“c:\user\asaeed\appdata\local\temp\premier_us27r1\thirdparty\dotnet46\ndp46-kb3045557-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe”\q\norestart\chainingpackae QuickBooks system message – The component store has been corrupted”.
Causes of Exeadapter Error
This error mainly occurs when you install a new program without uninstalling the previous version of it because a lot of registry gets piled up and it results in prompting the error messages. The other reason for this error can be the use of malicious software.
- The main reason behind the Exeadapter error Microsoft.Net framework was damaged .
- Missing or outdated
- Incomplete installation of Microsoft.Net framework.
- Windows are affected by the virus or malware.
- If the Framework.XML file is deleted or removed accidentally .
Symptoms of QuickBooks Exeadapter Error
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Exeadapter Error
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Exeadapter Error
How to Fix Exeadapter Error
You can fix the Exeadapter Error by scanning your system and by repairing the windows registry files that are damaged.
Mainly we have a few methods to solve this problem:
- Fix the Exeadapter Error by automatically using the QuickBooks with Regcure pro.
- Scan your system with Spyhunter to remove the malicious viruses.
- Manual Un-installation.
- Download and Install Windows Updates
- Reinstall or Repair Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows
- Do the required changes to the Framework.xml file
- Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Now let’s learn about these methods one by one and follow the steps that are used to solve this issue:
1. Method One: Automatically use the QuickBooks with Regcure pro
For automatically use of QuickBooks with Regcure pro follow the below steps:
- Firstly download the RegCure Pro to fix Exe Adapter Error Quickbooks errors.
- Then install it and select the scan button to scan your system.
- Once the scan is complete and If the errors are displayed then click on the Fix Errors button
- After this shut down your system and Restart to check.
2. Method Two: Scan your system with Spyhunter
Follow the steps to scan your system with Spyhunter:
- Download the spyhunter and install it on your system.
- Click on the ‘Malware Scan’ option for quick and full system scan .
- Once the scan is complete choose the Select all option and then click on the Remove button to discard all the threats on your PC.
3. Method Three: Manual Uninstallation
For manual uninstallation use the below steps:
- Select the Add/Remove program application in control panel.
- Next manually uninstall the programs that are causing this problem.
4. Method Four: Download and Install Windows Updates
To download and install Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to press the Windows + R key together to view the Run window.
- Then, Type the Control Panel in the content box of the Run window and press Enter key
- Find and click Windows Update from the Control panel or type Windows update in the search update box at the top.
- Now, you have to open Windows Update and click Check for Updates
- After this, windows discover any updates
- Then, download the updates and click on the Install Now button
- After Windows complete, the process of installing the update finished
- Then, restart the PC and have a go at installing the QuickBooks Desktop application indeed.
5. Method Five: Reinstall or Repair Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows
One of the most prevalent causes of problems and warnings in the Windows event log is the incompatibility of the Microsoft.NET Framework with third-party applications. In most circumstances, manually reinstalling and upgrading the .NET Framework fixes the problem.
- First, open the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys together from your keyboard
- Next, type Appwiz.cpl command and then press the Enter key
- Now, go to the “Programs and Features” and then click on the “Microsoft .Net Framework”
- After that, select the “Uninstall/Change” option
- Once the uninstallation process ends then restart your PC
- Go back to the Programs and Features window and click on the “Add/Remove Windows Features” from the left side panel
- To expand, click on the “Microsoft .Net Framework” from the list of programs
- Do a checkmark on the 1st and 2nd checkbox and then hit Ok
- Perform the instructions that appears on your screen to successfully uninstall the Microsoft Framework installation
- Download and install the latest Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8 version after removing the previous installation
- At last, restart your Windows and open your QuickBooks Integration Manager once again.
6. Method Six: Do the required changes to the Framework.xml file
If you have the QuickBooks setup file downloaded, follow the steps below:
- To start with clicking the Windows Start button and then in the Search box called Programs and Files, type %temp%
- From the top of the list, click the Temp folder
- A folder named as QuickBooks [your version] and you have to double-click on the same
- It will open the folder with a name called “QBooks”
- Search and do a right-click on the Framework.xml file and then select the “Rename” option
- At the name of your file, you have to add .OLD
- Download a new Framework.xml file and go to the QBooks folder
- Once again, try to install QuickBooks
- In case, you fail to start the installation using your Setup.exe file
- Then you need to open the QBooks folder and double-click on the QuickBooks.msi file first and try again to do the installation.
7. Method Seven: Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool fixes problems with Windows components such as MSXML, C++, and the Microsoft.NET Framework. The QB Install Diagnostic Tool will not only fix the EXEAdapter problem in QuickBooks, but it will also fix any other installation errors.
- First, get the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from Intuit official website
- Next, download the file on the desktop
- After that, exit the applications which are running on your Windows
- From the desktop, double-click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic file
- Perform on-screen instructions to begin the repair process
- Restart your PC once again after the completion of the repair process.
Need Professional Help?
If you guys are still not able to solve this issue or any other issue related to QuickBooks and related software you can contact our QuickBooks experts team they are readily available 24*7 to provide you assistance. We have a skilled, focused, and experienced Expert Team that delights our customers by providing them the solutions that consume very little time and is feasible. Full support is provided by the Customer Support Team to tackle and understand the problems of clients we believe in making our customers happy by giving them the optimal solution so that they can rely on us whenever needed. You can CALL NOW and can also email us.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Read Also Get Help to Fix the Issue of qbw32.exe
How can I resolve the Exeadapter error manually?
When this error appears due to missing or damaged .Net framework. To resolve this error, firstly install QuickBooks from a CD. Then, you need to copy the installer on the desktop. Now, you have to open the QuickBooks folder and then hit the right on the Framework. The last step is to download the ad then save the new framework.
What are the reasons behind the Exeadapter error?
QuickBooks Exeadapter error pops up due to several reasons but the main cause behind is damaged .Net Framework. You might be facing the QuickBooks Exeadapter error code on your screen while the user tries to open the installation file. Incorrect or damaged installation files are also the major reasons behind the error.
What is the best way to fix the Exeadapter error?
The best way to resolve this is to press the Windows + R key together to bring the Run window. Now, you have to locate the control panel option from the settings option or write the window update in the search box from the top menu. After this, open the window updates and click on the “Check for the Updates” option. In any case, if the window locates any updates, then choose the download the updates option. After this, hit the click on the Install Now button. Once the installing updates process is completed then restart your system to check whether the issue is resolved or not.