About QuickBooks Error 3371
|Error Code:||Error 3371||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Damaged qbregistration.dat file or cannot be accessible, Damaged MSXML files component.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Delete and Recreate Damaged Entitlement File Manually, Perform Clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.|
What is Quickbooks Error 3371 & How to Fix It?
The Quickbooks Error 3371 is an Update, Upgrade, or Installation Errors in Quickbooks Software. This can be a plague you haven’t realized has been on your system for ages and you just ran into it. Trust me, it can be a pain in the neck at times to get this fixed but there are troubleshooting steps that you can easily follow and get it removed if done accurately. First of all, in order to fix it, one should learn the root cause. There are indeed many. Let us get to know them better.
3371 Occur During Update, Upgrade, Installation QB
When you open QuickBooks Desktop, you see one of these error messages:
- There can be a missing or damaged file in your system which prevented QuickBooks from loading the license data.
- You may be receiving other codes which mean the same, codes like status code 11118 or status code 1.
- If you haven’t updated all the latest versions in your Windows. The world is up to date and the fashion changes every day. The same rule, I guess applies for your machine too.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371
There are many reasons why QuickBooks Error 3371 can occur. It can be caused by one or more of the following:
- Damaged qbregistration.dat file or cannot be accessible .
- Damaged MSXML files component.
- Cannot get licence information.
- Performance Issue of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Some antivirus programs block the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The connection of the company file has been lost.
Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
This plague or headache you may call has been creeping into every user’s QuickBooks software for donkey years. Each time, people stumble upon this issue, there have been applied several troubleshooting methods to ensure that the QuickBooks error is rectified.
The one that is most recommended for people to follow and gain hundred percent success is the step by step guide mentioned below-
There are two conditions before you carry out the troubleshooting QuickBooks License Error. The first one is having all the updates installed in Windows. The second one is that you have the license number and the product number of your QuickBooks Software handy.
You can also refer to the steps below to resolve QuickBooks error 3371 faster:
- Make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks. You need to download the exe file which is the main element in the whole process you are going to follow
- Run the tool by clicking on it twice
- Try and open the file from QuickBooks directly. To do this, you need to select Open or Restore Company from the File Now select the radio button to choose either company file or back up file. After this you need to find the location of the file and select the file. From the option Accountant’s copy, you got to select Convert Accounts Copy Transfer File
- After the file has been selected successfully, you need to hold the Alt key and click Open. In case QuickBooks pops up a login window, you can skip the Alt Key process and then fill in the credentials to log in
- Now you can hold the Alt key and click Open. While this step is done, make sure the Alt key is help until the file has opened successfully otherwise there are chances that an error message occurs
- Now move the file to a new location. If you are unable to shift the file to a different location, there are probabilities that someone else must be using the file at the same time. You might want to find out the user and request the user to log out. Once done, you should copy and paste the file once again
- You got to know the properties of the file. The file should QuickBooks Company File with a minimum size of 7 MB. Once confirmed, rename the company file
- One thing to note while renaming is that the characters shouldn’t not be more than three letters
- All the files should have the extension .qbw or .qbb. If not, then the files should be changed with the mentioned extensions. Enter and save the new file
- Now it is time to open the file from the new location where it was saved earlier
- You need to turn off the multi user mode if it is on. You can do this by clicking on the message Stop hosting multi-users from the File By clicking on the message, you will be redirected to certain steps that need to be accomplished
- After every process has been completed, the universal step to be followed, restart the system
Need Professional Help?
Trust me! Many people have followed these troubleshooting steps have been successful in achieving the desired result of getting rid of this extremely annoying QuickBooks Error Code. The most important thing to keep in mind is to update your anti-virus software as analysis of this error code has concluded that one of the most adamant reasons for this situation can be old or vulnerable ant-virus software that must have been giving way to all the malware from entering into your system and infecting the important files.
In most cases, the steps mentioned above have been promising to take care of your problem; however in case the matter doesn’t seem to be resolved, you can always contact Intuit Support who are highly skilled and trained in such technical issues, and you will be glad to be contacting them as you are sure to get your solution. There are two ways of getting in touch.