About QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
|Error Code:||Error 2277||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||The first and foremost reason can be unsuccessful and incomplete backup of the files.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Unsuccessful and incomplete backup of the files., This error encounters while trying to create the company data files backup.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||Insert Windows Firewall Ports, Clear the cache, temporary files, cookies, and SSL state.|
While using QuickBooks accounting software, you might encounter some serious errors such as QuickBooks Backup Error 2277 leaving an error message on your computer screen. This error is caused while creating the backup of the company file.
If you also encounter a similar kind of error in QuickBooks software, simply follow the resolution steps given below to fix the QuickBooks Backup error 2277 manually. Also, you can directly connect with the AccountingErrors professional on QuickBooks Error experts to avail reliable solutions and instruction.
- 1 About QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
- 2 Causes Behind The QuickBooks Backup Error code 2277?
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
- 4 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
- 5 Precautions to Take Before Resolving QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
- 6 How to Fix QuickBooks Backup Error 2277?
- 7 FAQ
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Backup Error code 2277?
- This error encounters while trying to create the company data files backup.
- Unsuccessful and incomplete backup of the files.
- QuickBooks Backup error 2277 makes the system slow. The system even freezes or the program becomes unresponsive.
- There is a probability that the company data files or QuickBooks gets corrupted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
Precautions to Take Before Resolving QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
How to Fix QuickBooks Backup Error 2277?
To fix QuickBooks error 2277, QuickBooks users can follow various methods, as described below:
- Run the IDP Tool
- Insert Windows Firewall Ports
- Add the reliable sites in Internet Explorer
- Clear the cache, temporary files, cookies, and SSL state
Without further delay, let’s see how to fix QB error 2277:
1. Method One: Run the IDP Tool
The steps a user requires to run the IDP tool are given below:
- Right click on the tool Intuit Data Protect
- Click on the About Intuit Data security
- Press and hold CTRL + F2 keys to start the IDP tool
- Now, select Run Diagnostic and then reconfigure the program to access the IDP files.
- You need to verify the manufacturer’s website if the IDP tool has identified some problem with a 3rd security software or firewall.
2. Method Two: Insert Windows Firewall Ports
Below are the steps to add a Windows Firewall port:
- Select Control Panel, click to System and go to Security section
- Click on the Windows Firewall > and then select Advanced Settings
- Select the Inbound Rules from the window ‘Advanced Settings’
- Click on the New Rules
- Then, type the ports and then hit Next
3. Method Three: Add the reliable sites in Internet Explorer
Below are the steps to add trusted sites in Internet Explorer:
- Start the Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools > to select the Internet Options
- Select the Security tab and then unmark Enable Protected Mode box
- Click on the reliable Sites and then click on these Sites
- Unmark server verification box for all sites
- Add the sites in the reliable site list such as *.backup.com, *.intuit.net, *.intuit.com, and then select close
- Click Privacy > and then choose the Sites
- Add the following websites in the Address Website box *quickbooks.com, *intuit.com
- Now, click allow after adding web address each time
- Click OK
Below are the steps to clear cache, temporary files, cookies and SSL status:
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools > choose the Internet Options
- Click on the General tab
- Click Delete from the history section
- Check Mark the given boxes:
- *Temporary Internet Files and website files.
- *Cookies and website data.
- *Form data.
- *In Private Filtering.
- Uncheck the website data and Preserve Favorites box.
- Click Delete
- Choose Clear SSL State, hit OK and then turn off the Internet Explorer
We are positive enough that the above-given steps allowed you to fix the QuickBooks error code 2277 effortlessly and you are by now easily able to create the backup of the company files.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How can I repair the QuickBooks error code 2277?
You can fix this error in multiple ways but the best and fastest way to fix this error is by running the Intuit data protect diagnostic tool or you can also add it to some trusted sites. Before choosing any method to resolve this, you have to find out the reason behind your error. It will help you to choose a suitable solution to save your quality time.
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks error 2277?
The primary reason can be an unsuccessful and incomplete backup of your company files. Another reason behind the error is corrupted or damaged company data files. It makes system performance slow, which might lead to freezing your window or the running program becomes unresponsive.
How can I restore the backup file to avoid the QuickBooks error code 2277?
From the QuickBooks homepage, open the File menu. Hit the click on the “Open or Restore Company” option. Choose the “Restore a backup copy” and click on the Next button. Once you have done, then choose the Local Backup and move forward to select the location where you want to save the restored company file.