QuickBooks could not print to printer check your printer selection
You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks pdf convertor
QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file windows 10
QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software that is widely used by entrepreneurs all around the world. However, there are a few errors in the software that could prevent it from running properly. One such printing issue called QuickBooks could not print to printer check your printer selection or you cannot print directly to the QuickBooks pdf converter or QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file Windows 10. Many times, this issue is extremely inconvenient for QB users since it prevents you from creating a PDF and also prevents you from saving the form as a PDF.
In this post, we’ll clear up all confusion you might have about the reasons for this problem and how to fix it. However, the intention behind creating this post is to give more in-depth information about the Error: QuickBooks could not print to printer/you cannot print directly to the QuickBooks pdf converter / quick books could not save your form as a pdf file. Thus, make sure you read the complete post to get your error resolved.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
- 1 Understanding of QuickBooks Printing issues
- 2 Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks could not print to printer or could not save your form as a PDF
- 3 Solutions to fix QuickBooks could not print to printer/ you cannot print directly to the QuickBooks pdf convertor / QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file windows 10
- 3.1 Solution 1: Run the System File Checker to repair the MSXML 6.0
- 3.2 Solution 2: Download and run the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
- 3.3 Solution 3: Try to reinstall the Microsoft XPS
- 3.4 Solution 4: Bypass the print spooler
- 3.5 Solution 5: Manage the Windows User Permissions for XPS Document Writer
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 Does renaming of the QBPrint.QBP file resolve PDF-related issues in QuickBooks?
- 4.2 How to check if the reconcile window appears off of the screen to fix QuickBooks printer issues?
- 4.3 Is making a new template for the form help me to get rid of the issue “QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file”?
- 5 Discovered QB Printer Errors & Their Solutions
- 6 Un-Discovered QB Printer Errors
Understanding of QuickBooks Printing issues
QuickBooks was unable to construct the required PDF file, therefore your forms were not sent. This issue indicates a problem with PDF file sending and printing. When attempting to produce, email, or print a report, you may get this problem. When you restart Windows 10 and then go to the PDF files, you’ll notice it. When you upgrade to Windows 10, the Microsoft XPS report essayist gadget is added to the framework design, and this joins itself to the default port named PORTPROMPT, which might cause conflicts during printing times.
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks could not print to printer or could not save your form as a PDF
There are number of reasons that could lead to such issues:
- Could not print to the printer.
- There is a problem connecting to your currently selected printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer on the XPS port.
- Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing pdf file component.
- PDF Converter shows offline.
- QuickBooks is not responding.
- The device is not ready.
- You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- QuickBooks could not save your form or reports as a .pdf.
- Unable to save as a .pdf file.
- Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working.
- QuickBooks freezes when you try to reconcile accounts.
- Unrecoverable error.
- Error 1722 or 1801 when installing PDF Converter.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -41.
- Problems printing transactions or reports.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks could not print to printer/ you cannot print directly to the QuickBooks pdf convertor / QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file windows 10
There are certain methods suggested below will help you to resolve these printing issues in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Run the System File Checker to repair the MSXML 6.0
You can try to run the system file checker if there is damage with MSXML 6.0 which is built into Windows 8. Microsoft usually provides a system file checker to restore/repair the Windows system files:
For Windows 8
- The first step is to launch Windows Start
- Right-click the command once you’ve typed it in
- Then select the option to run as an administrator from the bottom bar
- If the administrator password is required, type it in and click Ok
- Finally, type SFC/scan now to complete the process.
For Windows 7 and Vista
To fix MSXML 6.0 built into Windows 7, you should run the system file checker. The following are the actions to be taken:
- Select “Windows Start” from the Start menu.
- After selecting all of the programs, go to the accessories menu.
- Run as administrator by right-clicking the command prompt.
- The admin password must then be entered.
- SFC/scan is what you should type right now.
Solution 2: Download and run the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
- The transfer and use of the QuickBooks print and PDF repair tool is the first step
- Then go ahead and do it
- This issue was first caused by an operation involving a pdf file
- If you get an error message on the screen, restart your system and try again
- Confirm that the XPS document author should be printed, and then save the file as a PDF
- XPS document author components can be used to save the XPS document author as a PDF file
- The notepad was then opened, and type something into it
- Go to the file that you want to print, and then press the print button
- After that, choose the XPS document creator and then Print
- Then choose a desktop within the workspace.
- In the next step, navigate to the desktop
- In the end, check whether you’re now able to read the XPS document written from the tab.
Solution 3: Try to reinstall the Microsoft XPS
The first option is to reinstall Microsoft XPS. The following are the steps involved in this process:
- To check if XPS services are enabled, click the Windows or Start button
- Then proceed to the control panel
- Then go to the system group and click on uninstall/change a software
- Next, select Turn Windows Features On
- The next step is to check that the XPS services and the XPS viewer are both enabled:
- Put a checkmark in both boxes, and then click the OK tab. After that, test QuickBooks after enabling both services to determine if the problem has been resolved
- If the problem persists after you’ve exhausted both options, follow the instructions below:
Reinstall XPS Document Writer in Windows 8
The methods to reinstall XPS document writers in Windows 8 may differ from those in older versions of Windows. If you’re a Windows 8 user, look at the steps below.
- The start screen can be reflected by moving the mouse to the corner
- Choose the options tab and then settings
- Then, on the control panel followed by pressing a button
- After that, you’ll have to choose your devices and printers
- Remove the Microsoft XPS document writer icon by right-clicking it and selecting Remove Device
- To confirm, press the “yes” button
- Select “Add a local printer/network print with manual settings” from the toolbar, and then hit “Add a printer” option
- After that, choose PORTPROMPT-local port from the drop-down menu
- Once done then press the “Next” button
- From the manufacturer list, choose Microsoft and then Microsoft XPS document writer v4
- Again press the “Next” tab, pick the option “replace the current driver” followed by pressing the “Next” button once again
- Further step is to release version 4 in order to assure that the name remains Microsoft XPS document writer
- Finally, press the Finish button to complete the process.
Reinstalling the XPS document writer for Windows 7 and Vista
If you’re using Windows 7 or Vista, the methods listed below will help you reinstall XPS document writers.
- In this case, you should go to the Windows start menu
- After that, choose drivers and printers
- Then select the delete device by right-clicking the MS XPS document writer icon
- In the next step, hit the “Yes” button
- Select Add a printer from the toolbar and then Add a local printer
- The next step is to select Use an Existing Port from the drop-down menu
- Then choose XPSPort >>> the local port >>> click the “Next” tab
- After that, go to the Microsoft >>> Microsoft XPS Document Writer >>> Next Tab
- Finally, replace the current driver and you’re ready to go.
Solution 4: Bypass the print spooler
- To begin, go to the windows control panel and then open the printer control panel
- Do a right-click on the Microsoft XPS document writer and select Properties
- The printer properties are then selected
- The next step is to go to the advanced tab and select the option to print directly to the printer
- By hitting the Ok button, you can save your changes
- Close the printer properties to complete the operation.
Solution 5: Manage the Windows User Permissions for XPS Document Writer
For XPS document writers, you can choose to manage windows user permissions. To a certain extent, this could work. The following are the steps that must be taken in this case:
- To begin, open the control panel on the printer
- Select Microsoft XPS document writer from the context menu
- In addition, select Printer Properties from the drop-down menu
- The security option was then selected
- Look for a user cluster with everyone in it
- On the add tab, click on it
- After that, you must type in everyone’s names and then select the option to check names
- Press the OK key
- Then select print, mark the row with the allow column followed by clicking “Ok” tab
- Now go to the C:\Windows\system32\spool in order to continue
- The printer option can be accessed by right-clicking it
- Then select the “Security” tab from the drop-down menu
- Now select edit and add from the drop-down menu
- After that, you’ll need to join a local service
- Also, make sure the local service has complete control before pressing the Ok button
- Finally, open QuickBooks and make a .PDF file.
This post ends here with a hope that it will be helpful for you to resolve QuickBooks could not print to printer check your printer selection / you cannot print directly to the QuickBooks pdf convertor / QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file windows 10 and many other printer related issues. In case, if any of your queries are still unanswered related to the printer issues then you can use our Live Chat option to get your questions answered.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Yes, you can fix issues such as “You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks pdf converter” / “QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file Windows 10” by renaming the QBPrint.QBP file.
To do so, follow the steps provided below:
1. The very first, QBPrint.qbp is the file you’re looking for
2. Next, go to the location C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx (20xx represents the version of your QuickBooks), if you have Windows 10, 8.1, or 8
3. For Server 2008 and Server 2012, proceed to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
4. Select “Rename” from the context menu of the QBprint.qbp file for your QuickBooks version
5. Rename the file with the word “old” in it (i.e. QBPrint.qbp.old)
6. QuickBooks Desktop should now be opened
7. Printer Setup is available from the File menu
8. In the Form Name list, select any transaction and then Ok tab
9. A new QBprint.qbp file will be created.
10. Make a note that this isn’t required for every transaction.
How to check if the reconcile window appears off of the screen to fix QuickBooks printer issues?
The reconcile window may appear off the screen if selecting reconcile from the banking menu stops up QuickBooks yet the PDF functionalities continue to work normally. The steps are as follows:
1. Check the window menu to see if the reconcile window is available
2. Next, you have to select “close all” tab
3. The final step is to recommence the reconciliation procedure.
Is making a new template for the form help me to get rid of the issue “QuickBooks could not save your form as a pdf file”?
Yes, you can try creating a new template for the form and also for the transaction. You may also require changing the template in some cases to fix such PDF printing issues. Moreover, this can also help to create a .pdf file.