About QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7
|Error Name:||Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Crash com error in QuickBooks desktop is one of the most common errors that users face. This error causes lot of problem especially because the software consists of many financial data and records.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||It might be possible, when harmful viruses or malware attack software., When the QuickBooks elements are damaged.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Performing QB Desktop and Company File Fine-Tuning, Fix MS Office and Windows Update to Run|
Many users of QuickBooks QB Pro, Premier, or Enterprise, all versions of QB Desktop 2016, 2017, and 2018 face occasional COM Errors crash. The error first appeared in 2014, and this hampers the working of your QuickBooks while opening an email, emailing an invoice or a paystub, opening other transactions or reports.
Those QuickBooks users who regularly use Office tool, MS Excel, or Web connectors frequently encounter the Crash Com Error.
- 1 About QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7
- 2 What Causes Behind The QuickBooks Com Error Crash?
- 3 Solutions of QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7
- 3.1 1. Solution One: Update your QuickBooks
- 3.2 2. Solution Two: Steps to Toggle Email Settings
- 3.3 3. Solution Three: How to Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
- 3.4 4. Solution Four: How to Add Windows Admin User
- 3.5 5. Solution Five: Performing QB Desktop and Company File Fine-Tuning
- 3.6 6. Solution Six: Fix MS Office and Windows Update to Run
- 3.7 7. Solution Seven: Update Your Outlook
- 3.8 8. Solution Eight: Choose Outlook As Your Default Mail App
- 3.9 9. Solution Nine: Add An Email Account To Microsoft Outlook
- 3.10 10. Solution Ten: Create a new Outlook email Profile
- 4 FAQs
What Causes Behind The QuickBooks Com Error Crash?
The “Crash Com Error” usually occurs after a major update in Microsoft. It was a familiar error involving QuickBooks 2017 products that resulted after a Windows update. For many users, rolling back of the update helped. However, more recent occurrences were the result of upgrading to a different version of QuickBooks or maybe just updating or implementing a critical fix on QuickBooks Errors. Another potential cause of the QuickBooks Com Error is the incompatibility of the MS office with QuickBooks.
Below are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks crash.com error Windows 10, 8, 7:
- Windows or MS Office elements have stopped working, missing or damaged, then this error comes across.
- It might be possible, when harmful viruses or malware attack software.
- It might be a chance despite the full software removing the important file of the QuickBooks.
- The communication process of the QuickBooks is blocked by the Antivirus or Firewall .
- Whenever the user is not able to communicate with a client or email service, then can also face this issue .
- When the QuickBooks elements are damaged
It’s advisable to perform these solutions in the order depicted and then re-try the process that triggered the error. If the error occurs, it’s advisable to follow all the steps below:
Solutions of QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7
Here are Various Solutions to Solve QuickBooks Crash.Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7. They are:
- Update your QuickBooks
- Steps to Toggle Email Settings
- How to Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
- How to Add Windows Admin User
- Performing QB Desktop and Company File Fine-Tuning
- Fix MS Office and Windows Update to Run
- Update Your Outlook
- Choose Outlook As Your Default Mail App
- Add An Email Account To Microsoft Outlook
- Create a new Outlook email Profile
Please follow these given troubleshooting steps:
1. Solution One: Update your QuickBooks
To update your QuickBooks do the following steps:
- First of all check if you have the latest update available
- To do that open the QuickBooks
- Press the F2 button and check if you have the latest update available
A. How to Set Up Automatic Update
You can set up QuickBooks automatic updates through the steps below:
- Open your QuickBooks go to Help >>> select option Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Now go to the Update Now tab.
- Click the Get Updates button which starts the download
- After downloading completes, you need to restart the QuickBooks.
- When the system asks to install then go ahead and install the update or new release.
B. How to Schedule Future Automatic Release Update
You want to schedule the update you can do it by following the below steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application
- Go to Help menu >>> choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option
- Click Options tab
- To turn on the automatic update select Yes
- Finally select Close
C. Steps for Manual Updates
To update QuickBooks manual do the following steps:
- First of all download the latest updates
- Click on the Start menu
- In the Search bar type QuickBooks Desktop and after doing right-click select the option Run as administrator
- When No company open screen comes, go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now select the Options tab
- Click Mark all option and Save it by clicking the Save option
- Click Update now tab and then select Reset Update checkbox
- Once everything is done click Get Updates
- After completing the updates restart the QuickBooks
- Proceed to installation and click yes
- Once installation completes restart your computer
2. Solution Two: Steps to Toggle Email Settings
- Click Start button
- Search for Control Panel and then select User Account option
- To select the MS outlook choose mail then select Microsoft Outlook
- Here, you need to select Microsoft Outlook
- At this step, you see the option “ Always use this profile” is already selected, then choose “Prompt for a profile to be used”
- Click on Apply
- Now select option” Always use this profile” and then select apply and ok
3. Solution Three: How to Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
Follow the steps below to run QuickBooks in compatibility mode:
- Go to your Desktop screen
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select the Properties option
- Now locate the compatibility tab and select the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for”
- Click the dropdown and select Windows OS which you have
- To run this program as an admin choose the option” Run this program as an administrator” box
- At the end apply the changes and select Ok
4. Solution Four: How to Add Windows Admin User
Adding a new Windows admin user can help fix the Crash.com error. The steps of this process are as follows:
- Click Start button
- Go to Control Panel
- Now add a user with administrator rights
- Log in to the Windows using the new user
- Try to open the QuickBooks
5. Solution Five: Performing QB Desktop and Company File Fine-Tuning
When a user cannot perform QB Desktop and Company file fine-tuning, follow these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks and update QuickBooks to the latest update available
- Select QuickBooks manual updates for QuickBooks update errors
- Now open the QuickBooks and verify QB company file and check the data integrity of the company file
- Open the file for which QB Crash error occurs, try to email that file
- Now you can try to send some reports or can also email it which checks if the issues still exist or not
6. Solution Six: Fix MS Office and Windows Update to Run
Sometimes some features of MS office won’t work properly, however it can be easily resolved by just restarting the computer. When they don’t get repaired you can follow the below steps:
- Right-click on the Windows button
- Select Apps and Features options from the pop-up menu
- Now select the feature or Microsoft Features which needs to fix and modify it by selecting the modify option
- Depending on Microsoft versions you need to click Run or MSI Based installation
- Click to Run
- Before repairing check if everything is ok.
- Select Online repair >>> click Repair MSI Based
- In MSI Based you have to first change the installation
- Select Repair option and to proceed further click continue
- You can see the instructions coming on the screen, just follow them, and the repair process will be complete.
7. Solution Seven: Update Your Outlook
Follow the steps below to update your Outlook:
- This can be done by opening Outlook
- Click on File
- Office Account
- Update Options
- Click Update Now
- No check if the Com Error has rectified
8. Solution Eight: Choose Outlook As Your Default Mail App
Set Outlook as your default mailing application and send your transactions from the new email application. Through the steps given below:
- On Outlook go to Control Panel
- Default Programs
- Set default programs
- Select MS Outlook
- Mark as – Set this program as default
- Click OK
9. Solution Nine: Add An Email Account To Microsoft Outlook
If you cannot add email to your Outlook account then follow the steps below:
- In Outlook select the File menu
- Select Add Account
- Type the Email address to be added
- Choose Connect
- Outlook will automatically detect the correct host server settings
- when done press Connect.
- Enter the new email’s password
- Select OK
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes Again and Again?
10. Solution Ten: Create a new Outlook email Profile
If you are unable to create an Outlook email profile, the user needs to follow the steps:
- Close Microsoft Outlook and then go to the Control Panel
- Click on the Mail.icon
- Go to the Mail Setup
- Select Show Plugins
- Type a profile name
- Select OK
- Add an email account to be used in your profile
- Select Always Use This Profile from the drop-down
- Click Apply > OK
This will add a new profile but will not delete the old one.
If the above steps do not help, there are other fixes such as using a Windows feature called “compatibility mode.” When you chose “Run this program in compatibility mode” from QB Properties, some specific windows working behind-the-scenes take to the older mode of operation in the MS operating system which utilizes older version’s settings.
Need Professional Help?
Hope these steps will rectify the Com Error in QuickBooks Support. However, if you need further support you can contact AccountingErrors for a permanent fix.
Our experts have years of experience in resolving the most stubborn errors in QuickBooks with the help of the right tools that help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Read Also: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Click Here: QuickBooks Backup Error 2108
See Also: QuickBooks Backup Unrecoverable Error.
1. Why is Crash Error in QuickBooks Desktop happening?
💠Some Windows Components are damaged
💠Corrupted MS-Office components
💠 Email and QuickBooks communication failure
💠Virus or Trojan hampers the sync process
💠Important QuickBooks files get deleted with the virus
💠 Communication process blocks through the firewall
2. When did users encounter the crash com error in QuickBooks?
💠 Attempt in opening the invoices
💠 Accessing emails to send an invoice
💠 During file attachment
💠 When saving the file or transaction
💠 When users attempt to check register
3. Can Outlook be the reason for QuickBooks Crash com errors?
Yes, Crash com error may arise due to the outdated Outlook. You have to update Outlook.
Here are the steps:
💠Open the Outlook
💠 Hit on the File option
💠 Choose Office Account
💠 Click Update Options
💠 Select Update Now