QuickBooks doesn’t require any special introduction as it has created a huge buzz among the accounting industry. Being the best accounting software, QuickBooks has also drawbacks that it is often plagued with certain technical snags. QuickBooks Enterprise installation issues is one common glitch that most of the users experience during their installation process.
One of the primary flaws of this software has always been installation problems. The maker of this software, Intuit, took into account the challenges you were having and created the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, as well as a number of other tools to assist users in dealing with installation errors. In this article, we’ll go over several tried and true strategies to deal with QuickBooks Enterprise installation issues.
- 1 Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Enterprise Installation issues
- 2 Multiple methods to fix QuickBooks Enterprise Installation issues
- 2.1 Method 1: Update your Windows
- 2.2 Method 2: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- 2.3 Method 3: Install your QuickBooks Desktop using Selective Startup Mode
- 2.4 Method 4: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- 2.5 Method 5: Closing QBW32.exe process
- 2.6 Method 6: Re-Register QuickBooks related components & files in Windows
- 2.7 Method 7: Suppress the QuickBooks application
- 2.8 Method 8: Try restarting your PC or Laptop
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Un-Discovered QB Installation Errors
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Enterprise Installation issues
The QuickBooks Installation Errors could be caused by a variety of factors:
- To open the company file, folder, zipped, or encrypted file, you are using a different version of QuickBooks.
- If you double-clicked again, QuickBooks will open many times, preventing you from correctly opening your company files.
- An error may also be caused by using the incorrect method to open a specific file type.
- Reports and other windows in the file have an issue.
- All data is corrupted by an incomplete or incorrect file or extension name.
- If one of the core Microsoft components that QuickBooks Desktop relies on isn’t working properly, these kinds of issues can arise.
Multiple methods to fix QuickBooks Enterprise Installation issues
As discussed earlier, encountering installation issues is pretty common, but resolving them might take a few times or may need to attempt one than steps or methods. So, without wasting any time, let’s check out multiple ways and employ one after one to easily get rid of such annoying issues.
Method 1: Update your Windows
Updating Windows can greatly assist you in resolving the install error. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Make sure you are aware of the manual update process of Microsoft Windows before updating the Windows version
- The system is expected to restart after the update is finished
- Then, if you were able to open QuickBooks and the company file before the issue appeared, open QuickBooks and the company file
- If you were unable to complete the installation of QuickBooks, you will need to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
You would no longer be bothered by the issue if you were able to install and open QuickBooks. In case, you are still encountering the same installation issues then you’re suggested to move to the next method.
Method 2: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Tool Hub is considered as the great savior of installation errors in QB. To make use of this tool, you need to first download and then run it. Under this tool, you’ll find QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool which will help you in rectifying installation errors and the steps are as follows:
- To begin, you must close QuickBooks
- From the official intuit website, download the QuickBooks tool hub file
- You must save this file somewhere where it can be easily retrieved
- The file was then opened
- Install by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions
- Double-click on the icon after the process is complete
Important Note: It's worth noting that if you can't find the icon, you can search for QuickBooks Tool Hub in Windows and select the program.
- Then choose the “Installation issues” option
- Now, select the QuickBooks installation diagnostic tool and run it
- You’ll need to be patient because the tool may take some time, possibly up to 20 minutes
- Restart the computer after the operation is completed.
Method 3: Install your QuickBooks Desktop using Selective Startup Mode
If none of the above solutions worked, you should install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode, also known as safe mode, as this may fix the issue to some extent. The following are the steps involved in this process:
- First, make a backup of the company file, as well as a copy of the QuickBooks desktop software and license information
- In selective startup mode, start your system
- To open the run command, press the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard
- Type msconfig and then press the Ok button
- Select the selective Startup and then load system services in your next step
- Go to the services tab followed by selecting “Hide All Microsoft Services” from the drop-down menu
- Then pick the “disable all” option
- Uncheck the box labelled “Hide all Microsoft services”
- Make sure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected as well
- After that, click the Ok tab and restart the computer.
- QuickBooks desktop can be uninstalled or installed
- After that, return to Normal Startup mode
- To open the Run box, press the Windows + R keys at the same time
- Then type msconfig and press the Ok button
- Select the regular startup option from the general tab
- And then press the Ok button
- Finally, select the option to restart.
Method 4: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
If the installation issues persist despite using the techniques listed above, you can undertake a fresh installation of the QuickBooks program. The following are the actions to take in this process:
- To begin, you must first download the QuickBooks clean install utility
- Then, in the downloads folder, locate the QuickBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe file
- Once you’re done then click “I Accept and choose the QuickBooks version” you’re using
- After that, select the “Continue” tab and then the Ok button
- Finally, you must fix QuickBooks files and directories, as well as reinstall the software.
Method 5: Closing QBW32.exe process
- Using this method, do a right-click on the Taskbar in Windows
- Select the option labelled “Launch Task Manager”
- Move to the Processes tab and click on the same
- After that, you can order the image names alphabetically by clicking on the image name header
- Once done with that, locate it and select it as an EXE
- In the end step, select the End Process tab.
You must try to run and reboot.bat function to re-register all of your QuickBooks related to .DLL & .OCX files in Microsoft
- The very first, close or shut down your QuickBooks
- The reboot.bat folder should be opened or accessed: –
- Do a right-click on the QuickBooks symbol and select QuickBooks from the menu
- Next step is to select the “Properties” tab
- Select the “Open File Location” from the drop-down list
- Execute the reboot.bat file by right-clicking on it
- Choose the “Run as Administrator” option in your next step.
- Make sure you’re running the’reboot.bat’ program as a “Windows Administrator”
- The file may show as bat or reboot, depending on your “Windows Folder Options” settings
- With fast scrolling file names, the command prompt windows will appear on the monitor
- Manually closing windows is not recommended
- The windows will dismiss automatically after the reboot.bat file function is finished.
Examine the situation to see if the problem has been solved. Restart your PC if the problem persists.
Method 7: Suppress the QuickBooks application
Open the company file by right-clicking on the QuickBooks Desktop icon while holding down the Ctrl key.
Method 8: Try restarting your PC or Laptop
- Turn off and on your computer again. It will start your computer from the beginning and remove any software that is currently installed.
- After restarting your computer, try to launch the QuickBooks desktop again. It will also undo any incorrect settings you may have made on your prior try.
Any of the approaches listed above might be quite beneficial in resolving QuickBooks Enterprise installation issues. However, there may be times when none of the methods listed above are applicable. There’s no need to panic in such a situation, just dial a toll-free number to connect with QuickBooks Professionals to get a reliable solution. Meanwhile, you can do a Live Chat to communicate with Experts.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How do we perform Clean Install to fix QuickBooks Enterprise installation issues?
When the QuickBooks function is damaged then we may be required to uninstall and then reinstall again QuickBooks using the Clean Install. The below process shows how to do:
QuickBooks should be closed
Select Go from the Finder menu on your desktop
Select your applications
Drag the QuickBooks icon to the Trash
In both the User and System folders, delete both PLIST files
This will reset all preferences to their default values, potentially resulting in the product becoming unregistered.
Here’s how to remove/delete PLIST files in your user folder:
Choose Go from the Finder menu
Press and hold the Opinion key, then select Library
Navigate to the Preferences folder
Locate the PLIST files named QuickBooks and your version, and then delete them
You’ll get rid of everything that starts with “com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX”
And then enter the Trash.
Steps to remove the PLIST files in the system folder:
Open the Macintosh HD from a new Finder window or the desktop icon
Navigate to the Library folder, then to the Preferences folder
Locate the PLIST files that have QuickBooks and your version in the name, and then delete them
Delete everything that starts with “com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX”
In the next step is remove the Trash
After that, you can restart your computer and reinstall QuickBooks.
Does manually fixation of Windows components fix QuickBooks Enterprise installation issues?
Yes, it can help you if the QuickBooks Install Tool and the update didn’t fix the error, you can repair specific Windows components yourself. In this process, you have to:
Remove or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
Repair Microsoft MSXML.
How do I repair Microsoft MSXML 6.0 in QuickBooks?
First, you’re supposed to download and save the msxml.msi installation file to your desktop.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista or XP:
Navigate to the Windows Start menu
Enter msiexec.exe /fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi in the Start Search field and click Enter
After MSXML 6.0 has been installed, install QuickBooks Desktop.