What is Error Code 1612 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 1612 indicates that the installation source for this product is not available. It appears when installing, uninstalling, or updating QuickBooks software. The most apparent reason is the program’s registry keys are damaged. Resolve it by repairing your QuickBooks installation. If it doesn’t work then do re-download and then apply the QB update once again.
Error Name: QuickBooks Error Code 1612
Error Message: [Error 1612]. The update installer is not accessible.
About QuickBooks Error 1612
|Error Code:||Error 1612||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||[Error 1612]. The update installer is not accessible.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||.msi file (windows installer database file) is missing from the Installer Cache, Damaged or missing Windows registry files.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Instructions for different Windows to resolve QuickBooks Error 1612, Scan QuickBooks with System File Checker.|
QuickBooks is one of the most important accounting and finance software in the industry. Its use has been widespread in small and medium-sized businesses. Because of its utility in handling payrolls, paybooks, tax tables, and other financial services, it has been used by millions of users. The mass-level use of QuickBooks is the result of its easy and quick features.
When software is used on a mass level, it is supposed to have a bigger interface with numerous tools and settings, which brings us to the problems where it stops working. There are times when an error pops up while accessing QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 1612 is one such error.
- 1 What is Error Code 1612 in QuickBooks
- 2 About QuickBooks Error 1612
- 3 What is QuickBooks Error 1612?
- 4 The Most Probable Reasons Behind The Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1612
- 5 Other reasons for QuickBooks Error 1612 include the following:
- 6 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1612
- 7 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error 1612
- 8 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 1612
- 9 How to fix QuickBooks Error 1612
- 10 FAQ
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
What is QuickBooks Error 1612?
QuickBooks Error 1612 occurs when you are trying to do an update on your QuickBooks Desktop. The update stops itself with an error message appearing on the screen, which reads:
This error can pop up at any point in time and cannot be resolved. We will follow a step-by-step pattern to troubleshoot this issue.
The Most Probable Reasons Behind The Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1612
When a .msi file (windows installer database file) is missing from the Installer Cache, QB Error Code 1612 is most commonly triggered. Your computer reads the .msi file and loads it into the Windows installer cache whenever you install QuickBooks software.
You’ll get QuickBooks installation error 1612 if the.msi file is corrupted or missing.
Other reasons for QuickBooks Error 1612 include the following:
There could be possible reasons behind this QuickBooks error 1612 as mentioned below:
- You’re attempting to install QuickBooks from a defective CD.
- Damaged or missing Windows registry files
- An attack on vital data files by a virus or malware.
- The PC has been turned off improperly.
- Deleted Windows installer files inadvertently.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1612
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error 1612
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 1612
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1612
You can follow the methods listed below to resolve the error:
- Resetting the Patch
- Instructions for different Windows to resolve QuickBooks Error 1612
- Scan QuickBooks with System File Checker
There are a few simple methods through which this issue can be resolved. One such method is downloading the latest version of QuickBooks and installing it.
Solution 1. Resetting the Patch:
If the installation of the patch does not work, we will follow another method.
- We will need to re-download the patch if it does not work once.
- We will access the Share Download Folder option and turn it off and on one by one. To do so, we will click on OFF> Save, and then we will turn it back ON> Save. Once we are done with this step, we will go back to the step 1 and retry it.
- If the steps mentioned above do not work, we will need to repair the installation through add/remove or Uninstall/change the control panel and go back to the step 1.
In case all this fails, you can try to access QuickBooks in Windows Safe Mode or launch a clean boot environment. That is if you suspect that a third-party app is interfering with the patch mechanism.
Solution 2: Instructions for different Windows
Instructions For Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Initially, open the Programs and Features by clicking on the Windows Start button
- Next, click on the “Control Panel” on your right-side menu
- Now, click on the “Programs” and then hit the tab called “Programs and Features”
- After that, locate the Windows Installer Error Code 1612-associated program (eg. Windows Installer) under the “Name” column
- Hit the button “Windows Installer-associated entry”
- Once done with that then click on the “Uninstall” button on the top menu ribbon
- In order to complete the uninstallation process, perform instructions that appear on your screen.
Instructions For Windows XP
- Open the “Programs and Features” tab by clicking on the Windows Start button
- Next, click on the Control Panel followed by clicking on the “Add or Remove Programs” tab
- Under the list of “Currently Installed Programs” locate the “Windows Installer Error Code 1612-associated program”
- Click on the “Windows Installer-associated entry” button
- Click on the “Remove/Delete” button on the right side
- Perform on-screen instructions to end this uninstallation process of QuickBooks Error 1612-associated program.
Instructions For Windows 8
- To produce the Windows Start button, you have to place your cursor on the bottom left side of your screen
- Do a right-click on the same to bring out the “Start Context Menu”
- Next, click on the “Programs and Features” tab
- Under the “Name” column, browse the “Windows Installer Error Code 1612-associated program (eg. Windows Installer)
- Hit the “Windows Installer-associated entry”
- On the top menu ribbon, you have to simply click on the “Uninstall/Change” tab
- Perform the instructions that appear on your screen in order to successfully complete the uninstallation of your Error 1612-associated program.
Solution 3: Scan QuickBooks with System File Checker
Follow the below-given steps to scan QuickBooks with a system file checker:
- To start with clicking the Windows Start button
- In the search box… DO NOT, you have to click on the command and then hit the “Enter” key
- While holding Ctrl – Shift from your console, you have press Enter altogether
- On your next screen, you’ll be instructed with a permission dialog box
- You simply have to click on the “Yes” button
- With a blinking cursor, a black box appears on your screen
- Now, you need to type “sfc/scannow” and then press the “Enter” key
- After that, a System File Checker will start scanning for the Error 1612 and other system files that problems (you have to be patient and the system scan may take a while)
- Finally, perform the instructions that appear on your screen and end your process with great success.
Solution 4: Download and run the Microsoft Fix It tool
Steps to Download and run the Microsoft fix it tool:
- The very first, download the Microsoft Fix It tool from the Microsoft official website
- Next, install and run the tool on your system
- Once the toll is open on your screen then click on the “Run Now” button
- After that, choose the option “I Accept”
- With this Microsoft Fix It tool will start a deep scan on your system and it automatically fix any Windows Install/Uninstall issues on your PC
- Moving ahead, click “Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply”
- Now, move to the Uninstall window
- And then click on the option called “VIPRE” option
- Once done then click on a prompt that will pop up on your screen and then select the option “Yes, Try Uninstall”
- Moving forward, mark all the related issues that is on the open list
- And then hit the “Close” tab followed by “Finish” tab
- Some options will pop up on screen and you have to give appropriate responses to finish the process.
If the QuickBooks Error Code 1612 persists, try restarting your computer in safe mode. Try installing QuickBooks again or running the update process on your PC. Using Task Manager, make sure that all unnecessary processes are closed.
Need Professional Help?
The steps provided above are simple and easy to follow. You should be able to resolve QuickBooks Error 1612. However, if you need further assistance with QuickBooks or related products, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts team. They are a third-party agency providing their services across the globe. You can get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Experts by CALL NOW. They are available 24*7.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
What is QuickBooks Error 1612 and how can I resolve it?
This is one of the most common errors that appear on your screen. Then, open the control panel menu. From the drop-menu options, click on the Add/Remove program. Then, you have to choose QuickBooks and click on the uninstall/change. Go to the QuickBooks installation window and click on the Repair button. Follow on-screen guidelines and complete the process. When it finishes, then restart your system to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Why did I receive the QuickBooks Error 1612?
There are many reasons behind the QuickBooks errors 1612, it appears due to incomplete installation of QuickBooks updates or due to incorrect window registries. It also appears due to virus or malware infection.
How can I fix the QuickBooks Error 1612 manually?
To fix this error manually, the user needs to open the Control Panel and then click on the Add/Remove program. Now, you have to choose QuickBooks from the list menu. Hit the next click on the Uninstall button. Go to the QuickBooks installation window and click on the Repair button. Perform on-screen guidelines until the Save and close button will appear on your screen. Once you complete it, restart your system to check whether the issue is resolved or not.