What is Quickbooks Error 3371 status code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 happens when you activate the QuickBooks account or reconfigure your system. The reasons are damaged Microsoft components or Qbregistration.dat file is damaged. Resolve it by repairing the components and updating your QuickBooks program.
Error Message – Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
When you get the QuickBooks error 3371, sometimes it may state that “could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code – 11118] QuickBooks could not load.” This error can result from damaged or missing files related to the accounting software. Further, network issues can also complicate the situation and lead to multiple other errors. As QuickBooks cannot load the license data, you cannot work with the software until you resolve this issue.
Users who’ve installed QuickBooks on Right Networks may face QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 when they open the company file before they save it. Quickbooks enterprise users who’ve web connect activated may get the same error. So for both of these editions, the solutions may look a little different. Luckily, you as a user have a plethora of solutions available to resolve this error.
In this post, you’ll learn how to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
- 1 What is Quickbooks Error 3371 status code 11118?
- 2 What is the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
- 3 About QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -11118
- 4 Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- 5 Signs and Symptoms: QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- 6 Resolving Process of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- 6.1 Method 1: Shutting Down of All The Running Applications
- 6.2 Method 2: Change The Entitlement File Name
- 6.3 Method 3: Updating your Windows Operating System
- 6.4 Method 4: Try Removing The Ecml File
- 6.5 Method 5: Run Quick Fixes My Program with The Help of QuickBooks Tool Hub
- 6.6 Method 6: Run The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- 6.7 Method 7: Perform A Clean Installation of Windows
- 6.8 Method 8: Run the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- 7 FAQ
- 7.1 What does QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 mean?
- 7.2 How can I resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 quickly?
- 7.3 Why does QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 appear on my screen repeatedly?
- 7.4 What are the important things that we have to take care of before resolving the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
- 7.5 What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 3371?
- 7.6 What are the other error messages that show when you get QuickBooks error 3371?
What is the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11118 occurs when the software is unable to load the license data to verify the authenticity and the activation of the product itself. So the software crashes and the user gets this error. Generally, Quickbooks error 3371 is caused by missing or damaged program files of QuickBooks Desktop.
Depending on the main cause, you may have to use a set of solutions provided in this post to resolve this error. Luckily, all the solutions rely on free utilities that are available in QuickBooks or provided by Intuit for free.
Let’s know different QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 error messages in detail:
When you activate or open your QuickBooks Desktop, you can see one of the following error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
About QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -11118
|Error Code:||Error 3371 Status Code -11118||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||[Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load license data. This can happen because of missing or damaged files.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||The desktop installation file which consists of the licence information for QuickBooks might be damaged, The Microsoft Component (MSXML) is missing.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||The Microsoft Component (MSXML) is missing. QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work.||Possible Solution:||Re-register your Product, Reinstall QuickBooks|
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Could not initialize license property. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load license data. This can happen because of missing or damaged files. Some more reasons which we have mentioned below:
- The desktop installation file which consists of the license information for QuickBooks might be damaged. This file is initiated every time you start your QuickBooks application so that the license information can be validated and accessed. Your QuickBooks application won’t open if this file is corrupt.
- The Microsoft Component (MSXML) is missing. This component is required by QuickBooks Desktop to access the information in the Qbregistration.dat file which helps in opening the QuickBooks application.
- Your Operating System and the anti-virus program being used in not updated which may be blocking your QuickBooks Desktop files.
- You may get an error related to Right Networks and WebConnect users if you fail to save a file before trying to open it. You must always save yourself.QBO file before importing it.
Signs and Symptoms: QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
By keeping the following signs and symptoms in mind, you can quickly recognise QuickBooks issue 3371 status code -11118:
- If the system hangs up in some way, or if you try to open QuickBooks, it may crash.
- Also, if you receive a notification for an unknown HTML file, this could indicate QuickBooks error 3371.
- One of the signs can be the inability of users to open the company file in QuickBooks.
- This issue can also be noticed while cloning from C:\ drive to a new hard drive.
3 Important pointers must be taken into consideration
- You should first make sure that Windows is up to date.
- If users of Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect open the file before saving it, they may encounter this problem. Users must first save the company file before importing the.QBO file in such scenarios.
- Furthermore, if the error persists, it could be the result of a corrupted Windows operating system.
Resolving Process of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The error can be amended using a few simple steps methods that are going to be discussed in the below section.
- Shutting Down of All the Running Applications
- Change The Entitlement File Name
- Updating your Windows Operating System
- Try Removing The Ecml File
- Run Quick Fixes My Program with The Help of QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Run The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Perform A Clean Installation of Windows
- Try to Run the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Let’s implement each of the methods one after one with complete attention:
Method 1: Shutting Down of All The Running Applications
To shut down all the running applications on your system, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
- In the beginning, close your QuickBooks software
- Along with that, you have close all running QuickBooks processes
- Next, open the Run window and type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) followed by clicking Ok
- Now, open the Task Manager and go to the Processes tab
- Look for the QBW32.EXE instances and select them
- After that, select the “End Task” option
- Moving forwards delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- In the end, try to open your QB company file and register the application.
Method 2: Change The Entitlement File Name
To change the Entitlement File Name you need to follow mentioned below steps carefully.
For Windows 7 Users:
- Go to the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Change the name of the Entitlement file
- Now, open QuickBooks and it will automatically create a new file for you
- To unhide the application data folder, perform a few more procedures:
- Select Computer >> Select Organize >> Choose Folder >> Search Options from the drop-down menu
- After that, choose the option for Hidden files and folders
- Finally, open QuickBooks to verify whether the error still exists or is resolved.
For Windows XP Users:
- Users of Windows XP have to first select the Windows Start tab and then the Run box
- Move to the Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2 folder
- And then look for the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file” in the open folder
- After that, you have to press the OK button
- Then rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file to something else.
Method 3: Updating your Windows Operating System
To update your windows operating system, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
If your Windows is outdated, you will need to update it to the most recent version.
This can be accomplished by following the steps below:
- First, click on the Windows tab and look for the option “Check for updates”
- Check for Windows Update
- Now, you have to carry out the reinstallation process of QuickBooks Desktop
- Finally, click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update Quickbooks
Method 4: Try Removing The Ecml File
- Press the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard
- Next, enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 or copy and paste it into the appearing run window
- Now, mark Windows Explorer as your next location
- After that, remove the Ecml file by making a right-click on it and then selecting the “Delete” button
- After done with that then close your windows
- In the end, run the QuickBooks then try registering your product once again and you’re all set to go.
Method 5: Run Quick Fixes My Program with The Help of QuickBooks Tool Hub
To run quick fixes on my program through the QuickBooks tool hub, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
This tool assists you in resolving various QB errors automatically associated with licensing, validation, and registering. If the above methods don’t work then try to make use of the QB Tool Hub with the help of the below provided steps:
- Initially, close your QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, you have to download the QB Tool Hub and save it on your system
- Now, run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe downloaded file
- After that, accept and agree to Intuit’s License Agreement
- When the tool hub is successfully installed on your system and then hit the “Finish” tab
- To open the QuickBooks tool hub, make a double hit on the same icon
- From the “Program Problems” tab, select the option “Quick Fix my program”
- Once done with that then click “Ok”
- Finally, you have to finish the process and try to open QuickBooks in order to open the data file.
Method 6: Run The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
To run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
You have already downloaded the QuickBooks Tool Hub in your previous method, if not then
- First, you need to download and then open it
- In the next step, look for the installation issue option within the Tool hub
- Once found, give a select on the same tab
- Now, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and then try to run the same
- Let the tool run till it detects the issue (Have patience because this process may take some time to find out the issue)
- After the process is successfully done then end this process
- finally, reboot your PC.
Method 7: Perform A Clean Installation of Windows
To perform a clean windows installation, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
- In the beginning, install the latest update of the Windows version
- Next, go to the “All Programs” >>> Windows Update” tab
- The next step is to complete all Windows update upgrades and prepare to install QuickBooks software
- Recreate the entitlementdatastore.ecml file that was damaged, then resolve the license and registration problems
- In the end, click “Reinstall” and then perform a clean installation.
Method 8: Run the QuickBooks Tools Hub
If you already have the QuickBooks tool hub, you can use the 337 error fix program directly, or you can download the tool hub first and then follow the procedures below:
- In the very first step, you have to close your QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, you need to download the QB Tool Hub to the latest update version
- Along with that save the file somewhere you can easily access it
- After that, you’re supposed to open the downloaded file
- To successfully install and agree on the terms and conditions, perform the instructions that appear on your screen
- Make double-click on the icon on your Windows desktop in order to open the tool hub
- Now, select the tab called “Installation Issues” within the Tools Hub
- After done with that then choose the “QuickBooks 3371 Error Fix”
- In the last step, hit “Ok” and restart your QuickBooks Desktop then retry to open the data file.
What does QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 mean?
QuickBooks error code 3371 is one of the most irritating errors that could not initialize the license properties. It appears when your operating system is not compatible with the current QuickBooks version.
How can I resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 quickly?
You can resolve this error in multiple ways such as updating the Windows operating system or you can install the latest Windows updates. Removing the ECML file and then renaming the entitlement file is also the best way to fix this error.
Why does QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 appear on my screen repeatedly?
When your QuickBooks is unable to load the certified information or due to missing or damaged files, this error code repeatedly appears on your screen.
What are the important things that we have to take care of before resolving the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
If you have the Windows update but have not done yet then the download or installation of the QuickBooks can be damaged or failed in between. So take care that you first update your Windows and then update the software.
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 3371?
💠 Some files, folder or components may be missing like
(a) MSXML component damaged
(b) QBregistration.dat file
💠 If you open the file without saving the file you have before it then you can face this error. so save the file that is opened already in the program.
What are the other error messages that show when you get QuickBooks error 3371?
💠 Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371, status code – 11118 QuickBooks could not load the license data. This is caused because of damaged or missing files.
💠 Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks won’t load the data of license. This is because of the damaged or missing files of QuickBooks.
💠 Could not initialize license properties. Error: 3371, status code -1 QuickBooks is not able to load the license data. This happens when the files are missing or damaged.