QuickBooks software is as prone to get tangled in the web of errors as any other powerful software. The software is adept in handling numerous accounting tasks and activities electronically on behalf of the accountants and bookkeepers for their businesses all across the globe. This creates a certain kind of dependency on the software which hampers the workflow when errors crop up while working on the business activities.
The positive side regarding the errors cropped up with QuickBooks software is that they are denoted with error code and suffixed with 3 to 4 digits of error number such as QuickBooks Error XXXX. These errors can interfere with accessing company files, malfunctioning of features and tools, etc. Considering the nature of the error some are classed under a series of which one of the most common is QuickBooks Errors Series 6000.
Causes behind QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076
One complex error included in this series is QuickBooks -6000, -1076. The main reason behind this problem is the related installation of the software. The software may be downloaded from a corrupted link, the installation process is left incomplete, etc.
Let us check out some other causes of this issue:
- QuickBooks desktop installation is damaged
- .ND and .TLG files are damaged
- QuickBooks is not working with all the admin rights
All the user has to do is call on the experts of QuickBooks who are trained to look into errors like this and resolve them within the stipulated period. However, first, it is imperative to ensure the problem is only due to the installation process and not because of corruption of the company file for which the following method of resolution can be employed.
To successfully rule out different reasons, there are a few tips and assumptions that need to be followed and implemented.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076
Points to be kept in mind are listed below:
Here are some important points to do before troubleshooting:
- Ensure that the QuickBooks software version is totally updated to latest release by Intuit and also is upgraded to latest version and year of the software.
- There is a sure shot way of resolving almost 90% of QuickBooks issues including at times QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076 by including resolution through QuickBooks File Doctor. All the user has to do is download the file doctor tool and install it on the system after which a thorough scan of the QuickBooks software will be done and in most cases all the errors will get resolved.
- This error can come up in both scenarios wherein the user has employed and hosted the software either locally on the system or is accessing it through a server network.
Assumption: For the following method to work the assumption is made that the software is hosted locally and the company file is being accessed from the same system the software is installed on.
Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076
Resolution Steps for QuickBooks Error -6000 -1076, When Opening a Company File:
1. Method One: Open Sample Company File
The first step is to ensure that QuickBooks Error 6000, 1076 has arisen due to faulty installation or corruption of company files. To do this user has to open a company file sample. In case the sample files get accessed without any hassle, then the problem lies with the company file.
However, if the error persists, then the problem lies within the installation aspect of the software.
To check with the sample copy of the company file follow the instructions given below:
- Within the screen labeled No Company Open,
- locate and select any one option of sample company errors.
- In the situation, sample company file opens up; user should see to resolve corruption within the company file.
- If the sample do not open and gives out same error of QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076, then they should connect with QuickBooks experts to resolve the installation issue.
Need Professional Help?
This should help to narrow down the reason behind the issue and QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076 quite easily. However, for full rectification of the error, it is recommended to contact with certified QuickBooks customer support team who is adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks technical issues in the stipulated time. Users can alternatively connect with us through CALL NOW or connect via live chat on accountingerrors.co.