About QuickBooks Error 6012, -1061
|Error Code:||Error 6012, -1061||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Error -6012, -1061 – This normally happens if you have incorrect network setup.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||The connection between two systems is blocked by the firewall., Damaged .ND and .TLG files.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||Configure Settings of Firewall Ports and Exceptions Manually,|
QuickBooks software, despite being one of the most opted accounting software in the current market of financial software, is as likely to be jinxed with issues as any other software. Considering it is made up of codes and numbers, any slight derailment from the requirements set within the software will end up causing the software to shut down or not allow access to the company file.
Inaccessibility of company files can be caused due to many technical and software mismatches which could result in feature malfunctioning that further causes interference in the completion of required financial tasks. This inaccessibility of company files is generally categorized under QuickBooks Error 6000 series as noted by the QuickBooks customer care team. One of the most common errors met by users all across the world is QuickBooks Error 6012, 1061.
- 1 About QuickBooks Error 6012, -1061
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Error 6012-1061
- 3 Things to Keep in Mind Before Moving to Troubleshoot
- 4 How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6012, -1061
- 5 FAQ
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6012-1061
QuickBooks error 6012, -1061 can be caused by the steps below:
- The name of the company file is too large.
- The connection between two systems is blocked by the firewall.
- Damaged .ND and .TLG files.
- And where your company file is located the folder is also damaged.
This error generally occurs if the network setting is not correct and is posing a hurdle against connecting with the software through the network server. This results in inaccessibility of the company file promptly followed by interference in the completion of required tasks. The best way to resolve it is by contacting certified QuickBooks experts.
However, QuickBooks Error 6012,-1061 can be resolved by trying different methods as prescribed by the experienced QuickBooks experts.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Moving to Troubleshoot
Before moving on to recovering the software by trying any of the following methods, there are some ground rules and tips to keep in mind while following any of the solutions illustrated.
- Easiest way of resolving any QuickBooks error is by downloading QuickBooks File Doctor, easily found in Intuit’s website, and installing it onto the system where the error has occurred. Once the tool starts running it will scan the system and locate the area of issue that results in narrowing down the problem section and resolve it within minutes. However, if the issue does not get located or QuickBooks Error 6012, -1061 still persist then it is better to follow methods mentioned below.
- Ensure that the version and edition of QuickBooks used is up to date to latest update release by Intuit and is also upgraded to latest version.
- It is necessary to understand that whether the software is hosted locally or is accessed over a network server the 6000 series error can still occur.
- Ensure that the file is tried to be accessed after completion of every method in order to verify what the root cause was and which error worked best.
Assumption: For the following method to work it is assumed that the file is to be opened on a network server as the software is hosted on another computer system.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6012, -1061
1. Method One: Configure Settings of Firewall Ports and Exceptions Manually
Different operating systems of Windows have a different set of permission settings.
Following instructions are specifically related to Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008:
- Go to start icon and click on it to open followed by typing in Firewall in search field.
- Select Windows Firewall option.
- In the current window of Windows Firewall locate Advance Settings on the right side of the screen.
- Highlight option Inbound Rules and right click on it followed by New Rule option.
- Choose Port and then click on Next tab.
- Now the user has to ensure that required TCP is chosen along with specific ports required for the version of QuickBooks being used. In case the system is supporting or will support QuickBooks for more than current year, port for each year should be added in format – 8019, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX. Such as:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Click on tab Next and then ensure that the box against ‘Allow the Connection’ is ticked followed by Next tab.
- Now select Next tab and provide a specific name for the new rule like PortsQB followed by Next tab again.
- Repeat all the steps listed above but this time for Outbound Rule section as chosen in the 4th point.
- Lastly now try to open the software to verify if the issue is resolved or not.
Need Professional Help?
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Why did I receive the QuickBooks 6012, 1061?
This error appears due to improper network setup while trying to open the QuickBooks company file. Before processing anything, the user has to make sure about the network connectivity.
How do I fix the QuickBooks Error 6012, -1061 automatically?
You can resolve this issue manually by utilizing the QuickBooks File doctor. Download & Install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the QuickBooks Tool hub. Once you installed it, hit the click on the Run button. It will automatically detect and correct the errors.
How can I secure my company data while resolving the QuickBooks 6012, -1061?
To secure the company data, you have to create a company backup file. To do this, open the File menu and then choose the switch to SIngle -user mode option. Go back to the File menu again and choose the Backup company option. After this, click on the Create the local backup file. Go to the windows section and click on the Local backup folder and move forward with displayed guidelines.