About QuickBooks Error 64
|Error Name:||Error 64||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||The company file is corrupt., Additional permission may be required to access the file because of its location in the system.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||Checking and troubleshooting the Network.|
Resolve the most irritating error QuickBooks error code 64 appearing due to the damaged Windows system file, incorrect linked documents, & corrupted mandatory window files in one go.
QuickBooks makes it easier for businesses to handle their expenditure & its management and other financial operations. QuickBooks has earned its reputation for its impeccable services which develop a complex algorithm in the codes of the software.
However, sometimes, it happens that you are unable to access it due to some technical errors. QuickBooks Error 64 is one such error. It is hard to pinpoint the origin of this error. Understanding how important it is to access QuickBooks for an easier solution to your financial needs, our Accounting Errors QuickBooks team tries and troubleshoots such errors. We will guide you through the reasons and resolutions of this error in this article.
- 1 About QuickBooks Error 64
- 2 QuickBooks Error 64:
- 3 Reasons behind QuickBooks error 64:
- 4 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 64
- 5 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error 64
- 6 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 64
- 7 How to resolve QuickBooks Error 64?
- 8 FAQs
QuickBooks Error 64:
You may face difficulty while accessing your company file on QuickBooks Desktop due to this error. A message is displayed on your screen, which reads: “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.”
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 64:
There are several reasons which generate this kind of error on your Windows OS based computer system, we’ll name a few below:
- Additional permission may be required to access the file because of its location in the system.
- Any third-party services (i.e. FIrewall, Spyware, Anti-virus etc.) may be interfering with the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The company file is corrupt.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 64
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error 64
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 64
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 64?
Follow some simple solutions provided below to resolve the QuickBooks Error 64 on your Windows Operating Software-based computer system:
1. Some Quick Solutions:
- Start the Database Server Manager again
- Cut and paste the file to a different location
- Change the power saving option to Never.
- Restart your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reboot your computer system.
If any of these do not work, follow the standard solution:
2. Checking and troubleshooting the Network
This step is necessary to check and troubleshoot the network.
- To ensure that you still have the required access to the server; create, save or open any other file on it.
(First, create and then erase Microsoft Excel or WordPad files on your Windows OS based computer system)
- Note if you are not able to do the aforementioned process in the QuickBooks folder. (These are not the QuickBooks file)
- If you are unable to do the process, then Set Up Windows Access Permission which is required by QuickBooks.
In case you are not able to simply go through these steps or if the network is still not working, our Accountingerrors QuickBooks help team recommends you to take professional help. You can get in touch with our QuickBooks Team to help you resolve the error for good. They are a third-party company with an amazing QuickBooks Help Desk. You can get in touch with one of our QuickBooks helpline Executives by calling CALL NOW
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How does QuickBooks Error code 64 appear?
The QuickBooks code 64 error referred to the Hexadecimal structured blunder message displaying numeric values and description. It notifies the error message related to Microsoft products.
Why is QuickBooks error code 64 happening?
💠 An unfinished file erasure or installation
💠 Damaged Windows system file
💠 Missing or corrupted data files
💠 Improper uninstallation of the application
💠 Presence of virus or spyware attack
💠 Incorrectly linked documents or damaged system files.
How can you Fix QuickBooks error code 64 manually?
💠 Login with administrator credentials
💠 Locate the Start button
💠 Hit on All programs & system tools
💠 Choose the System restore
💠 Now open a new window and then choose to Restore my computer to an earlier time.
💠 Once done, then Hit on the Next button.
💠 You need to hit on Restore Point.
💠 Select the latest restore point
💠 There will appear the confirmation window.
💠 Hit on the Next button
💠 Once done, now restart the system.