This error prohibits the customer from accessing the software to generate bills properly and accessing the credit cards. When you see an error that reads something like, ‘QuickBooks generated zero amount transaction for bill payment stub’, it’s time you took an action to address the problem as soon as possible.
With the AccountingErrors experts’ team, you can deal with the error easily.
Here you will get insights about resolving the QuickBooks generated zero amount transaction for Payment stub.
About QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction for Bill Payment Stub
|Error Name:||Zero Amount Transaction for Bill Payment Stub||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Online transaction using his credit card on QuickBooks, the user sees an error pop-up on the screen, which reads that QuickBooks has generated zero amount stub.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Unapplied Credit Memos, Unapplied Journal Entries.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||Zero Balance Error in A/R Aging in Quickbooks Online, Zero Balance Error in A/R Aging in Quickbooks Enterprise, Premier & Pro.|
- 1 About QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction for Bill Payment Stub
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction for Bill Payment Stub
- 3 Resolving the QuickBooks Zero Amount Transaction For Bill Payment Stub:
- 4 FAQs
Causes of QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction for Bill Payment Stub
Whenever a user attempts an online transaction using his credit card on QuickBooks, the user sees an error pop-up on the screen, which reads that QuickBooks has generated a zero amount stub.
These Zero balance appears due to three reasons:
- Unapplied Credit Memos
- Unapplied Journal Entries
- Unapplied Payments
Even though the credit memo, journal entry, or payment is available in the QB data, the invoice turns up as unpaid due to the Unapplied Transactions not being linked to the invoice.
Resolving the QuickBooks Zero Amount Transaction For Bill Payment Stub:
Below are our recommended resolutions to resolve the Zero Amount Transaction error generated by QuickBooks:
- Zero Balance Error in A/R Aging in Quickbooks Online
- Zero Balance Error in A/R Aging in Quickbooks Enterprise, Premier & Pro
Some simple resolutions work best for QuickBooks Error relating to zero amount display on the invoice or Bill Payment Stub. We will explore our options to see which one works for our problem:
1. Solution of Zero Balance Error in A/R Aging in Quickbooks Online
Troubleshooting the zero balance error in A/R aging in QuickBooks Online
- Open QuickBooks Online on your computer and browse to the Customer Center, browse to the customer name and click on it to access the customer file.
- Now, browse to the invoice that showed up to be overdue, go to Receive Payment and click it.
(Receive Payment window will pop up on the screen and the invoice will be applied to the unapplied transaction automatically.)
- Review the information you see on the window and opt for the correct transaction if required. The transaction amount should be zero.
- Hit Save and Close
- Next, you can see that the balance of your customer appears correct and the invoice appears as paid.
2. Solution of Zero Balance Error in A/R Aging in Quickbooks Enterprise, Premier & Pro
Fixing Zero Balance Error in A/R Ageing in QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier, and Pro
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop on the computer and go to Customer and then to Receive Payments. Here you will need to enter the customer name.
You will be able to see the invoice and the unapplied credit balance.
- Go to the bar at the top and click on Discounts and Credits to be able to apply unapplied credit balance to the given invoice.
You will see a new window concerning Discounts and Credits will pop-up on the screen. The due credit balance will appear in QuickBooks automatically.
- Ensure that there are no other unapplied credit balances and this is the final draft you want.
- Once you are through the process, click Done.
- A new window Customer Payment will show the applied credit balance. The total amount of the customer is supposed to be zero.
- Hit Save and Close.
Need Professional Help?
What to do to QuickBooks Zero Amount Transaction For Bill Payment Stub?
💠 Locate workers or Payroll option
💠 Hit on Employee
💠 To find a new employee choose to Add an employee.
💠 Write employee info like an email address.
💠 Chose the button named invite this employee to see check box which says the pay stubs & W-2s Online
💠 Hit on OK button
What is the zero amount transaction?
You can create the zero-amount payment for paying a basic invoice with debit memos or credit memos prior to making a zero-amount payment; you need to turn on the Allow amount feature on the bank account for creating a payment.
When did you face the Zero Amount Transaction generation error in QuickBooks?
It is the most common error that occurs when you process the bill payment stubs in QuickBooks. This error stops the user from accessing the accounting application and interrupting the bill’s credit card process.