At times, repairing and installing the QuickBooks Desktop program on Windows operating systems might be difficult for QuickBooks users. After a user encounters such an error in QuickBooks, there may be many error codes popping up on their screen. In this post, we’ll look at QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335, which is one of these issues. This error is caused by problems with the Windows operating system, which can be readily fixed by following the troubleshooting instructions. In addition, you’ll learn the causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error 1335 as well as step-by-step troubleshooting procedure in this particular post. To get all the details, read the article till the end.
- 1 Understanding of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335
- 2 Possible reasons that causes QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335
- 3 Important pointers must be taken into considerations
- 4 Eradicate QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335 with the most reliable troubleshooting solutions
- 4.1 Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your system
- 4.2 Solution 2: Fix the issue in Cabinet File [data1.cab]
- 4.3 Solution 3: Repair the damaged Microsoft .Net Framework on Windows
- 4.4 Solution 4: Run the Windows Update
- 4.5 Solution 5: Try installing your QuickBooks software in Windows Safe Mode
- 5 FAQ
- 5.1 Can we get rid of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335 by cleaning the temporary folder?
- 5.2 How do I manually resolve the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335?
- 5.3 Will downloading and installing of the Windows latest updates be helpful in avoiding QuickBooks install error 1335?
Understanding of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335
The cabinet file (data1.cab) required for continued installation is faulty or corrupted, resulting in QuickBooks Error 1335. Furthermore, the cabinet file (2), which is an important file for this installation, is not accessible. Error code 1335 is a Microsoft Windows error that occurs when updating or repairing the accounting software’s installation. When updating or repairing a QuickBooks installation, you may encounter one of the following Microsoft Windows errors:
Error 1335: The cabinet file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.
Error 1335: The cabinet file  required for this installation cannot be used.
Possible reasons that causes QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335
QuickBooks error code 1335 mostly occur due to a number of reasons and few of them are jotted below:
- There is a serious problem with Windows’ setting.
- The QuickBooks application hasn’t been updated to the most recent version.
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation was incomplete or faulty.
- The QB installation is being hampered by a third-party application or the Windows Firewall.
- The computer’s hard disc does not have enough free space to finish the installation.
Important pointers must be taken into considerations
- Make sure your software CD is free of scratches and dust, as these can interfere with reading.
- Insufficient installation memory settings on your system are the most common cause of installation troubles. That’s why, make sure that you have enough storage to install the software.
- You can gently clean the CD before attempting to install it again.
- Some applications can be turned off temporarily. Anti-virus software should be installed at the same time as QuickBooks.
- The system requirements of your computer for QuickBooks accounting software installation and refer to the MS knowledge base for particulars on adjusting these settings.
Eradicate QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335 with the most reliable troubleshooting solutions
The procedures to remedy the QuickBooks installation error 1335 are outlined below. It is suggested that you try them in the order they’re listed.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your system
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is designed to fix any difficulties that arise during the QuickBooks installation process, such as QB error 1335. The QuickBooks Tool Hub is where you’ll find the tool. If you don’t already have the application installed on your computer, go to the Intuit website and download it before proceeding with the steps below:
- To begin, go to the official QuickBooks website and download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool setup file
- Furthermore, once the installation is complete, go to the next step
- Double-click the QBinstall.exe file to run it
- Furthermore, click on I’m having trouble with QuickBooks installation
- After that, select the OK tab
- The utility will automatically discover and correct any installation errors.
Solution 2: Fix the issue in Cabinet File [data1.cab]
In compressed files, the cabinet file stores data relating to many Windows installations. Damage to this file, which contains device drivers, system files, and other information, may result in QuickBooks error message 1335 on your system.
To correct it, follow the actions outlined below:
- By hitting Windows Key + R, open the Run window and typing MSConfig into the search field
- Go to the Boot.ini tab after clicking on the Ok tab
- Select the /MAXMEM= checkbox in the Advanced tab
- Remove the value and replace it with 256
- On the System Configuration Utility Window, select the Apply button and then the Restart button
- Install QuickBooks when the system has restarted and unmark the /MAXMEM= checkbox using the same instructions.
Solution 3: Repair the damaged Microsoft .Net Framework on Windows
Applications that run on the system rely on Microsoft components such as the .NET Framework. QuickBooks Desktop error 1335 might occur if it becomes damaged. To effectively address the issues, follow the methods outlined below.
Steps to be followed to repair the Microsoft .Net Framework:
- Close all open applications on Windows
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu
- Turn Windows Features on or off under the Uninstall a Program section
- Select.NET Framework 3.5 from the drop-down menu
- If the box is already checked, uncheck it first, then check it again
- When Windows prompts you for confirmation before rebooting the computer, select the “Yes” button
- You can also use the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to fix .NET installation issues automatically
- Open QuickBooks once more after the computer has rebooted.
Solution 4: Run the Windows Update
- Select Control Panel from the right side of the Windows Start button
- Select Windows Update or use the search box at the top to find it
- Select Change Settings from the left-hand panel
- Under the Important Updates section, select Install Updates Automatically (Recommended)
- Under the Recommended updates section, select “Give me recommended updates the same way I receive crucial updates” and click the Ok tab.
Solution 5: Try installing your QuickBooks software in Windows Safe Mode
If other programs are interfering with QuickBooks installation, you can restart it in safe mode, which prevents any other software or background processes from interfering with the user command.
- In the very first step, shut down your system and close your QuickBooks as well
- While clicking on Power, hold down the Shift key and then click on Restart
- Select the Troubleshoot option from the Choose an Option screen after the device has restarted
- Select Startup Settings from the Advanced menu
- After the device restarts, click Restart and select the fifth option from the list
- Install QuickBooks after starting your computer in Safe Mode
- After you’ve installed QuickBooks, open the Run window and type MSConfig within the Open box
- Select the Boot tab after clicking Ok
- Under Boot settings, select the Safe Boot tick.
Expectedly, the solutions outlined above can help you get rid of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335. However, there may be times when you are unable to correct the issue even after implementing the above suggested solutions. In that case it is recommended to connect with our QuickBooks Technical Experts using our Live Chat option.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Can we get rid of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335 by cleaning the temporary folder?
Yes, it can help you in making more rooms in your system storage so that you can install your software without any hassle.
The below steps help you in how you can clean the temp folder:
1. Log in as the System Administrator after rebooting your machine
2. To get started, go to the following folders:
—- For Windows 8, 7, or Vista: follow these steps: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp
—- For Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Setting\Temp
3. To select all of the files, use Ctrl + A keys together from your keyboard
4. Get rid of all the temporary files finally.
How do I manually resolve the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Error 1335?
Yes, it is pretty possible that you can attempt to troubleshoot the error manually with the below outlined steps:
1. The system must be restarted with administrative rights
2. In addition, insert the QuickBooks installation disc and, if the installation window appears, close it
3. By typing Windows + E on the keyboard, you can now open the Windows Explorer
Open the C drive now
4. All you have to do now is right-click on the QuickBooks folder and select the copy tab
5. You’d also have to paste the folder into your Windows desktop
6. Return to the QuickBooks folder at the same time
7. You’ll need to do the same thing with the third-party folder as well
8. You’ll need to open the QuickBooks folder from the desktop later
9. After you’ve completed the above procedures, you should double-click the .exe file
10. This will undoubtedly solve the problem to a great extent.
Will downloading and installing of the Windows latest updates be helpful in avoiding QuickBooks install error 1335?
Regular Windows update is pretty much helpful in avoiding such installation errors. If you want to install the update now, select Start >>> Settings >>> Update & Security >>> Windows Update and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them.