QuickBooks desktop install Diagnostic tool can help resolve installation errors caused by missing components or by interference from other programs. It can scan your whole system and look for dependencies that you need to install in order to run the QuickBooks installer. If Microsoft .NET Framework is missing from your system, then the program will install it for you. It can also fix errors related to C++ and MSXML. Other errors that cause the software to not install on your system can also be fixed with this program.
But you cannot install the program directly on your system. Rather you have to rely on QuickBooks tool hub to install and launch the program on your system. When you click on installation issues in QuickBooks tool hub, it automatically downloads the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool in the background so that you can launch it and scan for installation errors.
In this post you will learn how to use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix installation errors.
What is the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool?
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool troubleshoots installation error. It looks for missing dependencies and fixes damaged files required for installing the software. It is part of QuickBooks tool hub which is a freeware that you can download from Intuit’s website.
You can use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix the following errors:
- error 1404
- error 1722
- error 1903
- error 1935
- error 1603
- QuickBooks has stopped working error
- errors related to C++ and MSXML files
- errors related to Microsoft .NET framework
How to use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix installation errors?
You can use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool after you have installed QuickBooks tool hub on your system. It is designed for a Windows 10 64 bit system but it can run on other systems with less specifications too.
Step 1: Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
To install QuickBooks tool hub on your system in order to use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, follow the steps given below:
- Close all instances of QuickBooks running on your system.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks tool hub from the link that we have provided here.
- Choose the location at which you want to store the setup file for QuickBooks tool hub . We recommend that you save the setup on the desktop itself so that you can find it easily.
- Go to the desktop and launch the setup for QuickBooks tool hub.
- Agree to the terms and conditions for the program so that you can proceed with the installation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions provided by the installer to install QuickBooks tool hub on your system. You can even change the default location where the software is installed.
- As soon as the installation finishes, click on finish.
Now you have successfully installed the tool hub on your desktop. We recommend that you launch the software from an admin account to prevent errors caused by a lack of Administrative rights.
Step 2: Fix installation errors with QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Now that you have QuickBooks tool hub installed on your system, you can load the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your system to easily and quickly scan for and fix installation errors on your system.
Here are the steps to use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix common installation errors:
- Go to the start menu and type QuickBooks tool hub.
- Right click on QuickBooks tool hub and choose to run as administrator.
- Click on installation issues from the left panel.
- Choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool which will scan your system for up to 20 minute in order to identify missing dependencies and damaged files that are interrupting the installation of this accounting software.
- Restart your system after the program has completed scanning and fixing the errors.
In most cases, the tool can scan the system within 20 minutes but it may take longer if your system does not have enough memory or processing speed to efficiently run this software.
Step 3: Manually fix Microsoft .NET Framework error
While the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool fixes most of the errors, you still may have to rely on the manual method to fix errors related to both the .NET framework and the MSXML files. Web based applications such as QuickBooks desktop require the Microsoft .NET framework to operate properly. But if the component is missing or damaged, then the program will not be installed on your system.
Here are the steps to fix Microsoft .NET Framework errors on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7:
- Exit all the programs that you have opened on your desktop.
- Go to the start menu and type in the control panel. Hit enter.
- Choose programs and features from the list of provided options.
- Click on uninstall a program. Note that even though we are choosing this option you are not going to uninstall any program from your system. Instead we are going to pick the repair or toggle features option.
- Click on turn Windows features on or off.
- Go to the Microsoft .NET framework and turn it on so that installer can use it to install QuickBooks Desktop on your system.
If the program itself is damaged, then you may have to repair it. To repair the .NET Framework, you can follow the steps given below:
- Open the control panel from the start menu.
- Click on programs and features then uninstall a program.
- Click on Microsoft .NET framework and choose the repair option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to repair this dependency.
Once the repair function finishes the process, you should restart your system and then try to install QuickBooks desktop once again on your system. If you want to perform a clean install of the .NET Framework then you can definitely uninstall the program and then download a fresh setup for it to install the program once again.
Step 4: Repair damaged MSXML files
Microsoft XML services are essential for Visual Basic script and Microsoft tools to run an application built using these tools. if this particular Windows component is damaged then with books text top will throw an error when you try to install or launch at.
Reasons for MSXML related QuickBooks errors:
- QBRegistration.dat file cannot be accessed as it’s in the XML format, which can’t run because of damage to MSXML 4 components.
- Unregistered MSXML (Microsoft XML Parser.)
- MSXML.dll file is unregistered, missing, encrypted or damaged.
To troubleshoot QuickBooks desktop installation errors caused by damaged MSXML files, follow these steps:
- Type in CMD into the Start menu.
- Right click on the Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as Administrator. Enter authentication details if you’ve logged in with a standard user.
- In the command prompt, enter “cd\windows\syswow64”.
- In the next line, input “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll” and press Enter.
- Launch the QuickBooks desktop setup.
On the 32 bit computers, you skip the 4th step, as the mentioned directory is only present in 64-bit systems. You may require help from a technical expert or accounting software expert to get through this process.
To make sure that the process goes smoothly, we recommend that you install the latest updates for your edition of Microsoft Windows. After updating the system, restart it and then try to launch QuickBooks or the setup for QuickBooks.
Alternative solution: Install QuickBooks by launching Windows in selective startup mode
If any third party application such as antivirus is interfering with the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop, then you can launch the Windows in safe mode, which prevents third party apps from running in the first place. So you have access to the main features that will allow you to install the software without interference from external programs.
We hope that the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool was able to resolve your installation error. You can also use the tool to fix .Net Framework related errors and MSXML file damage related errors. In the end, you can also try to launch Windows in safe mode to install the program on your system while preventing interference from any third-party software.
What is the Quickbooks diagnostic tool?
Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool is a program designed specifically to resolve installation errors that occur when the user is trying to install Quickbooks Desktop. it can resolve errors 1603, 1402, 1904, etc.
How do I repair QuickBooks?
To repair QuickBooks Desktop, you can rely on the repair feature available through the control panel. But if you want to repair the .NET Framework for MSXML files on your system, then you can rely on QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, which is available directly from the QuickBooks tool hub.
How do I download QuickBooks Tool Hub?
You can download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the link that we’ve provided in this post. Once you’ve downloaded the setup, you can launch it with admin authentication and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.