QuickBooks License Error / quickbooks could not load the license data / Quickbooks unable to load the license data / Quickbooks showing error while loading the license data / Quickbooks not responding while loading license data / Quickbooks license data loading error / quickbooks license number not working
QuickBooks license error occurs when a program file or windows component related to the accounting software gets damaged. The error appears as “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties”. And it further has two different status codes that tell you more about the underlying cause of the error. If you are getting an error when trying to open QuickBooks, there may be a problem with your desktop license. In this article, we will show you how to fix the issue and how to keep your desktop license working properly.
First, make sure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks installed. If you are using an older version of QuickBooks, there may be some compatibility issues with your desktop license. If you do not have the latest version of QuickBooks installed, you can download it from our website. If you are experiencing a QuickBooks Desktop license error, there are a few things that you can do to try and fix the problem. Many times, simply reinstalling the software will fix the issue, but if that doesn’t work, there are a few more steps that you can take.
In this post, you’ll learn how to fix QuickBooks license error.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
- 1 License Error QuickBooks Why Its Occurs ?
- 2 Types of QuickBooks License Error Messages
- 3 Cause of QuickBooks License Error
- 4 Quick Solutions of QuickBooks License Error
- 5 Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks License Error
- 6 #1. QuickBooks License error
- 7 #2. Unable to find the license number in QuickBooks
- 8 #3. QuickBooks license error after clone
- 9 #4. QuickBooks could not load the license data
- 10 #5. Not able to transfer QuickBooks license from one computer to another
License Error QuickBooks Why Its Occurs ?
QuickBooks License error refers to the problem in initializing the license properties. When you launch your QuickBooks Desktop, sometimes the error message is displayed on the screen QuickBooks Error 3371: “Could not initialize license properties”. Or it might show that QuickBooks is not able to load the data. This occurs because of the files that are either missing, corrupted, or damaged.
Types of QuickBooks License Error Messages
Some of the QuickBooks License Error Messages are below:
- Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- QuickBooks Desktop Reconfiguration Error
- Online Sync is disabled. Licensed Information
- “You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service,” says QuickBooks.
- Error Code 3371: License properties could not be initialized
- QuickBooks is not registered, according to the error message. The user will be unable to utilize Online Banking as a result of this problem.
Cause of QuickBooks License Error
There are various reasons for the license error to take place:
- First is if your operating system is not upgraded as some of the files in QuickBooks are compatible only with the latest version of windows.
- Another reason is the Missing or the Corrupted files that is required by the QuickBooks Desktop software to run. The information on the missing components and files is given below
- dat: It is a QuickBooks Desktop installation file that comprises the information related to the license. Each time you launch your QuickBooks Desktop, validation regarding the license is done. If there are any missing files then during the validation error will pop up and the, QuickBooks Desktop will not start.
- Damaged MSXML component: It is a Microsoft component that plays a very vital role as it is used to fetch the information for QuickBooks desktop when the QBregistration.dat file enables the QuickBooks to open and run the QuickBooks desktop software.
- When the MSXML component and data are corrupted, QuickBooks Desktop will not execute.
- dat — The license information is stored in an installation file called dat. Before QuickBooks starts, the license information in this file is verified. The QuickBooks program will not open if the QBregistration.dat file is destroyed or corrupt.
- MSXML component – MSXML component is a Microsoft feature that aids QuickBooks in recovering or retrieving details/information from the Qbregistration.dat file, allowing QuickBooks to start.
- When your computer’s operating system (OS) is old.
- While system security or an antivirus program are blocking QuickBooks files.
- Before importing, make sure the .QBO file is saved.
Quick Solutions of QuickBooks License Error
There are mainly two methods of solving this issue. We have provided step by step procedure below using both the methods:
1. First Method:
Check out the steps to resolve QuickBooks license errors:
- Click on the start button or you can press the window plus R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run dialog box appears write the command given C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Then press the enter key.
- This will take the window explorer to the location given on the command.
- After that you need to select the ecml file and by right clicking on it delete it.
- Further, close the window.
- Once you are done with it again run your QuickBooks Desktop and make the registration again.
This method will solve your issues but still if the error is displayed after performing these steps, then you will have to choose the second step.
2. Second Method:
To fix the error, follow the steps below:
- This method is used if your window is not upgraded or is not installed properly.
- Now Click on windows icon on your computer and click on the Start button.
- Click on the check for the updates button.
- If there is any update it will show you and you can install and relaunch your QuickBooks Desktop software.
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks License Error
In light of the different causes of the error, you may have to provide different answers to checking the main driver for a license error. The following are absolute the best investigation answers for fixing QuickBooks errors that are constantly appearing.
Total Time: 41 minutes
Step 1: Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
You will want to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation. The following are the steps to get the QuickBooks Tools Hub and use the tool:
💠 Immediately, exit QuickBooks.
💠 Download QuickBooks Tools Hub. We recommend that you get the latest version.
💠 Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
💠 Then, install Tool Center following the on-screen instructions.
💠 To continue, you want to tick the Agree with Agree checkbox.
💠 After the installation is finished, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
Step 2: Clean Install QuickBooks application
QuickBooks license errors can also occur during installation. To fix installation issues, we can clean up the QuickBooks desktop application by installing by following the means given underneath:
💠 Click on the Windows Start menu.
💠 Select Control Panel.
💠 Click Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
💠 Select the type of QuickBooks you are using from the list of projects.
💠 Select Change/Uninstall & Remove and then snap Next.
💠 Finally, reinstall QuickBooks. If the problem persists, try the following setup.
Step 3: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is clearly intended to fix installation errors that occur in QuickBooks. Running the tool also resolves problems recognized with Microsoft .NET, Microsoft XML Core Services, and C++. Follow the steps below to run the tool:
💠 One more time, open the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
💠 Select Installation problems.
💠 Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
💠 Let the tool be quick to fix installation problems.
Assuming that the QuickBooks license error does indeed appear, follow solution 4.
Step 4: Remove .ECML File
At the time when an EntitlementDataStore.ECML file becomes damaged, the file needs to be erased to determine QuickBooks error 3371.
💠 Press Windows+R on your console
💠 Embed this file in Runbox – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement\v8
💠 Currently, you should have the option to see this location open on your screen
💠 Locate and delete the .ecml file and close the window afterward
💠 Currently, run QuickBooks and register individual items to complete setup
💠 If the QuickBooks license error persists, then at that point, proceed to the following next solution.
Step 5: Ensure That Your Windows OS Is Updated
QuickBooks license error can also appear due to obsolete Windows working framework.
💠 Click the Start button and then select All Programs at the top of the Search 💠 Projects and Files box
💠 Locate and Select Windows Updates
💠 After that, Press Check for Updates button
💠 When the conversation is over, reinstall and update QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Check if that QuickBooks can pile up license information. If not, fix the QuickBooks error by running the following next solution.
Step 6: Install the Latest Windows Update
At that point, install the update for your Windows operating framework, assuming the latest update is available for Windows. You can explore the Window Updates list by tapping the Start button and assuming updates are accessible.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
#1. QuickBooks License error
What is QuickBooks License error?
Users come across license errors when the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop are stored in a QB system file. When the entitlementDataStore.ecml file is damaged, you will receive the following error message: “Could not initialize licensing properties”. A new box appears on your screen after you click “Ok” in the error notice box. One of the most common causes of licensing errors in QuickBooks is improper system shutdown.
How to Fix QuickBooks License error?
Perform Clean Install QB software
- The very remove your QuickBooks
- Select Windows Start from the Start menu
- In the next step, select the Control Panel
- Now, select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program from the drop-down menu
- From the list of apps, select the QuickBooks version you’re using
- Remove then Next after selecting Uninstall/Change
- Finally, you must reinstall QuickBooks.
Install the latest Windows Update
Install the updates for your Windows Operating System if the most recent update is available. By choosing the Start button, you may traverse the Windows update list and see whether any updates are available.
Note: Hope you've resolve the Quickbooks License error with the above given solution, if not then you can consider to the dedicated article with multiple solutions to fix your problem. Also, there is an Instant Live Chat option avaible, where you can get in touch with the Experts.
#2. Unable to find the license number in QuickBooks
What is Unable to find the license number in QuickBooks?
If you upgrade to a new computer, you’ll need to find the QuickBooks License Information and the product number if you wish to reinstall the software and keep track of records and activities. At times, it often happens that the users tend to lose their QuickBooks Product and Intuit License number or unable to find the license number in QB.
How to Fix Unable to find the license number in QuickBooks?
In case you’re unable to find the QuickBooks installation numbers, then follow the below steps:
- Insert the installation disc into the drive to begin the installation operation
- The installation program should begin on its own
- Choose the Reinstall button
- Note the numbers in the QuickBooks License Information and Product Number window
- In the end, select the Cancel option.
If you’re still having trouble finding your QuickBooks installation numbers, try one of the following methods:
To get the numbers, go to the QuickBooks License Look-Up page. If the lookup tool is unable to locate your license number or key code, the web page will provide a link to contact customer care for more information.
If the license lookup based on your phone number fails, you can log in to your account to find the information.
If you are unable to log in, click the Contact Us link and select your product to get the appropriate phone number to call.
Before calling Customer Service, make sure you have the required evidence of purchase in order to get a license or key code number.
If you purchased QuickBooks or Point of Sale directly from Intuit, provide the Order Number on your packing slip to the Intuit customer support representative when you call. The Order Status page can help you locate your Intuit order number.
Note: Hope you've resolved this problem, if not the you can get the experts advice by hitting the instant Live Chat button below.
#3. QuickBooks license error after clone
What is QuickBooks license error after clone?
The license number and product code are required for the whole validation procedure in QuickBooks installation. The information is always encrypted in QuickBooks files, and the “QuickBooks License Error after clone” occurs when this encrypted file is missing or corrupted.
How to fix QuickBooks license error after clone?
Check out these step-by-step instructions for resolving the QuickBooks license error after clone:
- First, close your QuickBooks Desktop
- After that, make sure that the complete process of QB is close
- From your keyboard, press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc altogether from your keyboard
- Next, go to the Task Manager and do a click on the same
- Look for the ‘EXE’ instances in the list of processes.
- Then select the instance and press the “End Task” button
- Go to the data folder for entitlements
- Select the “Run” from the drop-down menu
- Then go to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and then hit the Enter key from your keyboard
- Do a right-click the “ecml file” followed by selecting the “Delete” option
- After deleting the ecml file, open the company files and register the application.
Alternative ways to fix the error
Update the Windows Operating System to ensure that the QuickBooks installation is not harmed. Follow the instructions below to do so:
- To begin, select the Windows All Programs and then Windows Update
- After all of the updates have been installed, click on the “Install QuickBooks”.
Note: If you're still not able to rectifying this error, then you can checkout the dedicated article about Quickbooks License Error After Clone. Also, you can get in touch with the experts for risk free resolution of your problem by Hitting Instant Live Chat Button below;
#4. QuickBooks could not load the license data
What is QuickBooks could not load the license data?
When a user re-configures their desktop computer or activates QuickBooks for the first time, QuickBooks could not load the license data that is common to occur. This issue might also be caused by missing or damaged company files.
Users may receive one of the following problem messages when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
How to fix QuickBooks could not load the license data?
Run the 3371 Error fix from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub assists in the correction of frequent errors. To use the tool hub, you must first close QuickBooks. Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit, is recommended for the best experience.
- Make sure, QuickBooks should be closed
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most recent version (22.214.171.124) is available for download
- Save the file somewhere you’ll be able to find it quickly (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop)
Important Note: If you've previously installed Tool Hub, you can check which version you have. The Home tab should be selected. The version will be at the bottom of the page.
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Install by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions
- When the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to launch it.
Step 2: Run the 3371 Error Fix from the Tool Hub
- Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Select 3371 Error Fix from the drop-down menu
- Choose the Ok tab
- Open your data file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: If you're still not able to rectifying this error, then you can checkout the dedicated article about Quickbooks Could Not Load The License Data. Also, you can get in touch with the experts for risk free resolution of your problem by Hitting Instant Live Chat Button below;
#5. Not able to transfer QuickBooks license from one computer to another
What is Not able to transfer QuickBooks license from one computer to another?
Transferring a QB license is not as easy as you think and many times it happens when users encounter “Not able to transfer QuickBooks license from one computer to another”. To avoid this error or if you want to transfer your QuickBooks License and Data to new system, make sure you successfully execute the below steps:
- Make a note of your QuickBooks’ license and product number.
- Make a copy of your QuickBooks company file for safekeeping.
- Using an external disc or the cloud, send the backup file to yourself
- Cleanly install QuickBooks on the new system. Make sure the installation source you’re utilizing is in good working order
- To activate QuickBooks on the new system, enter your product and license numbers
- Restore the QuickBooks data backup you made on the prior system
- Remove the QuickBooks program from your previous computer.
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license.
The founder of QuickBooks, Intuit, has made it obligatory for us to save the license on the hard drive, and if you lose the information, the file, or the license data becomes corrupted, missing, or destroyed, you are likely to get “QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license error.
How to Fix Not able to transfer QuickBooks license from one computer to another?
It can be easily tackled by carrying out a few simple methods:
Method 1: Shut down all background running applications
- Close QuickBooks as the initial step in this process
- Then close any QuickBooks processes that are still operating
- In the run box, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) and press Ok
- You’ll need to open Task Manager for the preceding step
- Locate all QBW32.EXE instances in the processes tab
- Then select them and select Finish Task
- After that, delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and register the application in QuickBooks
- Finally, open the QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Method 2: Remove the Ecml file
- To begin, hit the Windows + R keys simultaneously
- Then a window will appear on the screen, prompting you to enter or copy and paste the information into at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- The next step is to look for a window explorer as the next location
- At last, erase the ecml file by right-clicking and selecting the delete option.
Note: If you're still not able to rectifying this error, then you can get in touch with the experts for risk free resolution of your problem by Hitting Instant Live Chat Button below;
Hopefully, by following the instructions above, you’ve been able to resolve the Common QuickBooks license error, which is usually caused by a number of reasons that are discussed in the above section. If, despite following the procedures, the error remains or you are unable to resolve the problem for some reason, feel free to connect with the technical team via LIVE CHAT.
Need Professional Help?
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems