Every time, it happens when you install or use a new/different printer with QuickBooks. When printing from QuickBooks Desktop, the default setting on the printer appears to be double-sided, and the option to deselect double-sided does not display. Many printers can print on both sides of the paper automatically. Automatic duplex printing, also known as printing on both sides of the paper, is becoming a more common printer feature. Users must disable duplex printing in print settings if a printer always prints double-sided.
Moreover, duplex print options can be found in a variety of print configuration windows, tabs, and menus, so users may need to select more than one duplex print option to ensure that their printers don’t constantly print double-sided. Two-sided printing is great in theory, because it uses less paper for multi-page documents. It’s also frustrating when you forget to turn the option off when you don’t need it. Stay tuned with this article to get aware of the ways to overcome this printing issue.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
- 1 How to Overcome “Printing keeps defaulting to double sided while using QuickBooks”?
- 2 How to stop Two-Sided Printing from being the Default in macOS
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Discovered QB Printer Errors & Their Solutions
- 5 Un-Discovered QB Printer Errors
How to Overcome “Printing keeps defaulting to double sided while using QuickBooks”?
There are many ways that are discussed below:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Turn off the Printer’s Default Duplex Printing Option
1. Make sure the printer’s print preferences window has the default duplex printing option turned off
2. In Windows 10, go to the Settings button in the Start menu to do so
3. Open a Bluetooth & other devices tab by clicking Devices, then clicking on it
4. To access the Control Panel window, click Devices and printers
5. Select the Printing options option from the context menu when you right-click the default printer
6. This will reveal the printer’s settings box
7. Then, on one of those window’s tabs, seek for a two-sided duplex printing option
8. The two-sided printing option may be available in the printing settings window’s Page Layout or Advanced tabs.
Deselect Duplex Printing in the Print Settings of the third-party software
Many third-party programs have a two-sided printing option in their printing options. For example, Google Chrome has a Two-sided option.
For printers that allow duplex printing, Word has a Print on Both Sides option under Settings. To ensure that their printers do not print double-sided, users must additionally disable the duplex printing setting inside the program they print from.
Furthermore, many printers come with their own menu panels that are fully independent of Windows. Some users may need to use the menu screens on their printers to disable duplex printing option.
Look for the two-sided print options under the general or ECO settings menus on the menu screen.
How to stop Two-Sided Printing from being the Default in macOS
Step 1: Enable the CPUs Browser Interface
CUPS, an open source printing system created by Apple, manages printing on macOS. A browser-based interface is available for changing CUPS settings, however it is by default disabled. To do so, go to the Applications > Utilities and open the Terminal. Run the following commands at the terminal:
sudo cupsctl WebInterface=yes
The first term in this command, sudo, gives it administrative privileges. The second word, cupsctl, is the name of the command that allows you to alter the settings of CUPS. WebInterface=yes, the third term, instructs the command to enable the web interface.
Step 2: In your browser, go to the CUPS Settings page.
Next, open your preferred web browser and go to http://localhost:631. If clicking that link doesn’t work, copy and paste the URL. If everything goes well, you’ll be taken to the CUPS settings home page. You’re using a browser to access this, but the page isn’t online: everything you see is on your computer.
Step 3: Open CPUs Settings in your Browser
Next, open your preferred web browser and navigate to the http://localhost:631. It should work if you click that link, but if it doesn’t, copy and paste the URL. If everything goes well, you’ll be redirected to the CUPS settings home page. You’re using a browser to visit this website, but it’s not online: everything you’re seeing is on your computer.
Enter the credentials you use to log onto your Mac when prompted for a username and password.
Step 4: Find the Two-Side Printing Option and change it.
Go to the “Printers” section of the CUPS settings, where you’ll find a list of printers. You’ll be transported to the printer’s setup page after clicking the printer for which you want to alter settings.
- Select “Administration” from the dropdown menu
- Click “Set Default Options” in the list that appears
- You’re directed to a page with a series of dropdown menus that adjust various default settings
- “2-Sided Printing” is the one you’re looking for
- Select “Off (1-Sided)” from the dropdown menu after clicking it
- Save your changes by clicking the “Set Default Options” button
- And that’s it! You can now close your browser
- Simply print any document to see how the changes affect it. You’ll notice that two-sided printing isn’t enabled by default anymore.
It’s a no-brainer to print double-sided. You save energy and money by reducing the amount of paper used by your printer. Additionally, you’ll only have to carry half the weight if you’re printing a large project. But many times, you don’t require such a printing feature and in that case, you might require configuring the printer settings as per your requirements. For the same, there are multiple ways to fix it and it is hoped that the above suggested ways will be helpful. Thus, carefully carry out all the steps very carefully for your Windows version.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How do I change from double-sided printing to single on the library printers?
All print jobs are set to print on both sides of the paper by default (Double-sided).
To print one side at a time, follow these steps:
1. Open your program’s “Print” or “Print Setup” menu (usually found under the File menu)
2. As the printer, choose either “MSEPrint on esmpharoprntp1.win.ad.jhu.edu” or “MSE Color on esmpharoprntp1.win.ad.jhu.edu.”
3. Choose one-sided or single-sided printing under “Options” or “Finishing.”
How to set your system to default to the “Double-sided” printing option?
You simply have to follow the below suggested seven steps to do so:
1. Click Start menu and then go to the Control Panel
2. Choose the “Printers and Faxes” option
3. Do a right-click on the primary printer
4. After that, move to the Printing Preferences
5. And then go to the “Finishing” tab
6. Once done then check the option “Print on both sides”
7. In the end, hit the “Apply” button to set it as the default.
What are the steps involved in printing Double-Sided for an individual job on Windows 11?
Use this method to print on both sides of the paper in a single print job:-
1. To begin, open a compatible app and open the document you wish to print (for example, If you wish to print a WordPad document, open it in the WordPad app)
2. To open the print window in WordPad, press Ctrl + P
3. In most apps, choose File >>> Print from the menu bar to open this window
4. A “Print” window will appear on your screen
5. Pick your printer and then select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu
6. Enable the “Duplex Printing (Manual)” option in the “Printing Preferences” window that appears
7. Then click “OK” at the bottom of the window
8. You’re back in the “Print” window now
9. To print your document on both sides of the paper, click “Apply” and then “Print.”