What is QuickBooks Registration Error
The error message “QuickBooks registration error” is usually caused by inaccurate QuickBooks licencing information. There are a number of reasons why you can’t register QuickBooks on Windows, the most common of which are QuickBooks connection issues and an out-of-date QuickBooks version. The error is usually resolved by double-checking the licence number and product code acquired online or offline.
Error: QuickBooks Registration Error
Error message: We’re sorry, but your activation was interrupted” or “The validation code is incorrect” or “This service is temporarily unavailable”
QuickBooks comes loaded with features to run the accounting and finance related operations. That is why it is suitable for small-sized businesses and is utilized by millions of businessmen across the globe.
However, being packed with a plethora of features has its disadvantages. Errors are one of such disadvantages which create a lot of trouble. QuickBooks Registration Error is one such error which creates unnecessary trouble for us. Accountingerrors help-team is going to resolve this issue in this article.
What is QuickBooks Registration Error?
To install QuickBooks on your Windows 7/8/8.1/vista/10 you need to enter license number and a product code in order to complete the installation process. The file is encrypted for it carries the required information. In case this file is damaged or corrupt, QuickBooks will refuse to open and will display an error message on your screen.
In these situations, you will need to delete the entitlement file and enter the license number and product code. This will resolve the issue instantly. You may see the error pop-up on your screen:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Registration Error
There are several quick steps you can follow to resolve this error. If they do not work, we suggest you follow the solution provided later in this article.
The steps are as follows:
1. Step One:
To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Registration Error Perform the following steps:
- Installing the latest Windows update should do the trick, for if the Windows is not updated to its latest version, QuickBooks installation might get aborted or get damaged.
- So we have to make sure that Windows is updated to its latest version:
- Go to the Windows logo on your Windows OS and click on it.
- Now choose All Programs and then choose Windows Update.
- Once the Windows update is completed, try installing QuickBooks.
2. Step Two: We will delete a file named EntitlementDataStore.ecml.
Below are the steps to delete the file named EntitlementDataStore.ecml:
- First, we will shut down the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, we need to make sure that all of the QuickBooks related processes are stopped.
- On Windows 7/8/8.1/Vista press ctrl+shift+del to open the Task Manager. While on Windows 10 we will click on More Details, the Task Manager will appear on the screen.
- Go to the Processes
- We will do a little tweaking by opting Process Name to align the processes in alphabetical order.
- One by one we will pick all the process which contain EXE and select End Task for them.
- Once we are sure that all the running QuickBooks programs are no longer running, we will go to the Entitlement Data folder for our Windows OS & QuickBooks and open it.
- We will open the Run window by pressing Windows + R Keys.
- Now we will copy and paste this address in the Run window: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6). Afterwards, hit the Enter
- A new folder will open up and here we can see the file ecml. We will delete this file.
- Finally, we can open the company file and register the application.
Need Professional Help?
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems