About QuickBooks Software Crash Catcher Error
|Error Code:||Crash Catcher Error||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||“Crash Catcher- An error has occurred, and QuickBooks must quit” and the error message window generates a crash log file after which it displays a message “QuickBooks quit unexpectedly”.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Unverified company data file, Operating with User account with no administrative rights||Applies to:||Mac|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Update QuickBooks application to the latest released version, Verify The Integrity of The Company File|
QuickBooks is known to be robust software for financial management that offers high-quality business efficiency with ease of use. However, at times the software is also prone to errors during working.
The Crash Catcher Error in QuickBooks is related to Mac computer users. The error occurs while updating to the latest Mac Mojave OS or while performing any action in the application. The error occurs mostly in the 2018 or earlier versions of QuickBooks.
When the user performs any action in QuickBooks Error they get the following message – “Crash Catcher- An error has occurred, and QuickBooks must quit” and the error message window generates a crash log file after which it displays a message “QuickBooks quit unexpectedly”.
- 1 About QuickBooks Software Crash Catcher Error
- 2 Why Does The Crash Carter Error Occur In QuickBooks
- 3 How to Resolve The Crash Carter Error In QuickBooks For Mac?
- 4 FAQ
Why Does The Crash Carter Error Occur In QuickBooks
QuickBooks keeps pushing many slipstream updates to fix bugs as a part of its maintenance drive. These updates are meant to facilitate new features in the software and this is the reason that it is important not to ignore the updates sent by QuickBooks.
Some other reasons for QuickBooks Crash Carter Error
- Unverified company data file
- Operating with User account with no administrative rights
- Another app on the computer obstructing the QuickBooks process
How to Resolve The Crash Carter Error In QuickBooks For Mac?
Analyze the reasons given above and try to try the solutions given below:
- Update QuickBooks application to the latest released version
- Verify The Integrity of The Company File
- Safe Boot Your Computer
- Create a New Mac User Account
Apply the steps outlined below to fix the QuickBooks Crash Catcher error:
1. Solution One: Update QuickBooks application to the latest released version
An outdated version of the QuickBooks application is one of the most obvious causes of a Crash Catcher error in QB. Follow the instructions to update QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks application
- Click the Taskbar at the top and select Check for QuickBooks Updates
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update
- Else, if it is already updated to the latest release, install QB again
2. Solution Two: Verify The Integrity of The Company File
QuickBooks verify and rebuild data utilities, which work together in the application to self-identify and fix common company file and network problems. Steps to use the tool:
- Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
- If there is a problem detected, again go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Rerun the Verify Data tool from step 1 again
- If it still fails, restore a backup
3. Solution Three: Safe Boot Your Computer
Restarting QuickBooks in Safe Mode can prevent interruptions in third-party applications. To perform the process, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Power button and also press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard
- When you get to the Desktop open QuickBooks and perform the same task
- If you do not face a problem in Safe Boot, there may be a possibility of a conflict between QuickBooks and something installed on the computer.
- You can return to normal startup after verifying this
4. Method Four: Create a New Mac User Account
To add a new user with administrative rights, follow the steps below listed:
- Click on the Users & group icon, into the System preference tab.
- Then press the Add button.
- Add new user with administrator rights
- Now open the Account and Software for use.
However, you can contact the AccountingErrors tech support team for help to resolve the issue in a normal startup.
If you’ve tried all the steps above and have looked through Report Center, etc. – and you crash again, you can call the tech support team of accounting errors. Our QuickBooks support specialists have the right diagnostic tools to get to the root cause of any issue in QuickBooks.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Click Here: QuickBooks Crashes Again and Again!—Resolved
More Information: QuickBooks Crash Com Error
How do you explain the QuickBooks software crash catcher error?
When you keep ignoring the update of QB software and continue using the outdated application version then you come across this error. However, this regular update is also known as a maintenance release that usually fixes certain errors. It also helps you to utilize the improved features. There are multiple reasons due to which the error happens like unverified company files, third-party blocking of the QuickBooks processes, or you might have sufficient Admin rights.
How do we open QuickBooks Desktop for Mac with full Administrative Rights?
First, go to the System Preferences and click on the icon “Users & Groups”. Next, hit the Add button and add a new user with Administrative Rights. At last, log in to your system using credentials for this new account.
Is the running of the Rebuild Data Utility helping me to fix the QuickBooks software crash catcher error?
Yes, sometimes, running the Rebuild Data Utility helps you to fix QuickBooks software crash catcher error if none of the solutions work. You can fix this by following these steps: First, you have to open QuickBooks and go to the File menu and click Utilities. Select the “Verify Data” until the process is finished. In case, the issue is found then run the “Rebuilt Data Tool”. If the “Verify/Rebuild process” fails then try to recover your system.