If QuickBooks does not respond or stops working all of a sudden, then you may have to repair the company and program files related to the accounting software, and replace the QBWuser.INI file with a new one. Further, updating windows and the accounting software is necessary to check for fixes available via update patches. As a variety of problems can make QuickBooks crash suddenly, you need to go via each solution in this post to identify the problem and resolve this error.
In a vast majority of cases, your accounting data is completely safe when QuickBooks isn’t responding. However, there are some cases in which you may have to rely on the verify and rebuild utility, and/or the QuickBooks diagnostic tool to resolve the error. Instead of uninstalling the accounting software, you can also rely on the repair utility so that you won’t have to reset your preferences. Before starting on, please create a backup of your accounting data, then proceed with the solutions in this post.
Many businesspeople and entrepreneurs rely on QuickBooks software for payroll processing, bookkeeping, accounting, and other tasks. But when opening QuickBooks Desktop, they may encounter an error, or the screen may just freeze and refuse to respond to any commands. When users try to open QuickBooks Desktop, error messages such as QuickBooks not responding/has stopped working/freezing appear on the screen. Well, why does this happen, you may be wondering? There are a number of factors that can evoke such issues. Some of the most common causes are corrupted Windows operating system files or missing QBWUSER.INI files. When it takes place, the error message QuickBooks has stopped working appears on your screen stating:
Many times, it might be annoying to deal with because it has brought all of your work to a halt. As a result, you must correct it as soon as possible. Before you do that, you should learn about the probable causes of the problem; we believe that this will make troubleshooting much easier for sure!
- 1 What is QuickBooks not responding Error?
- 2 Causes behind the QuickBooks Not Responding
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Not Responding or QuickBooks Stopped Working/Crashed
- 4 Precautions to avoid this situation
- 5 Things need to be done before troubleshooting
- 6 Solution of QuickBooks Not Responding/Stopped Working Error
- 6.1 Step 1: Make Use Of The QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- 6.2 Step 2: Assign a different file name to the QB.INI file
- 6.3 Step 3: Attempt to restart your system and turn off the Anti-virus software for a limited time
- 6.4 Solution 4: Using a new folder location on the device to access the file
- 6.5 Step 5: Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run the Quick Fix my Program
- 6.6 Step 6: Creating a new Windows Admin User
- 6.7 Step 7: Use the Clean Install Tool or QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from QB Tools Hub
- 6.8 Step 8: Fix “common QuickBooks not responding error” after Windows 10 update
- 6.9 Step 9: Create a new Windows Admin User
- 6.10 Step 10: Download and Run the QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- 7 #1. QuickBooks not responding when opening
- 8 #2. QuickBooks not responding after login
- 9 #3. QuickBooks not responding when opening company file
- 10 #4. QuickBooks not responding when updating company file
- 11 #5. QuickBooks not responding when backing up
- 12 #6. QuickBooks not responding when sending emails
- 13 #7. QuickBooks not responding when trying to print
- 13.1 What is QuickBooks not responding when trying to print?
- 13.2 How to fix QuickBooks not responding when trying to print?
- 14 #8. QuickBooks not responding after windows 10 update
- 15 #9. QuickBooks not responding when connecting to bank
- 16 #10. QuickBooks not responding when closing
- 17 #11. QuickBooks not responding after clone
- 18 #12. QuickBooks not responding on chrome
- 19 #13. QuickBooks not responding during rebuild
- 20 #14. QuickBooks not responding while verifying Data
- 21 #15. QuickBooks not responding in multi-user mode
- 22 #16. QuickBooks not responding after payroll update
- 23 #17. QuickBooks not responding when reconciling
What is QuickBooks not responding Error?
Occasionally, you may experience an issue where the QuickBooks program unexpectedly closes while working on the software. QB may give you an error message claiming that “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly or Windows is checking for a solution to the problem”. This type of error can be rather annoying for you, as it obstructs the smooth procedure and may even result in the loss of unsaved data.
Causes behind the QuickBooks Not Responding
This error can be caused by a number of different factors. Here are a few of the most typical causes for this error:
- The file “QBWUSER.INI” is damaged or missing.
- This error might be caused by a damaged operating system.
- In a program file, there is a dispute.
- System configuration or requirements are minimal.
- When a storage device, such as a hard disc drive or solid-state drive, becomes corrupted.
- The QB’s program file has been corrupted.
- The company’s name is incorrect or excessively long.
- The characters in the QB file exceed the allowed number of characters.
- As a result of an installation error.
- The QB was installed incorrectly or incorrectly.
- A license that isn’t valid or a key that isn’t correct.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Not Responding or QuickBooks Stopped Working/Crashed
It is important that you are able to identify the signs of the problem because this will assist them in promptly resolving the issue. So, if you experience any of the following symptoms while using the software.
Check out the below list of signs and symptoms of common QuickBooks not responding Error:
- The QB software will not start all of sudden.
- There may be minor lags and slowdowns for users.
- A window with an error message appears on the screen.
- When the company’s file is opened, the QB software comes to a halt.
- The workstation shuts down in a haphazard manner.
- QB isn’t replying to the user in a timely manner.
- For a few moments, the workstation is frozen.
- It takes a long time for the rendering to complete.
Precautions to avoid this situation
- Always use the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Perform a regular Operating System update as well, if required.
- QuickBooks’ windows regional settings should be set to US locale.
- Use regional settings that are appropriate.
Things need to be done before troubleshooting
All of the important factors to consider before implementing the resolutions methods are listed below:
- The QuickBooks Desktop application requires the most recent available updates.
- Your company file’s name must be under 35 characters long, including spaces.
- You must disable your antivirus software on your computer before running QB. If your problem is fixed, you should remove QuickBooks from your antivirus scan list.
- On Windows, always log in with an administrative account.
- Using the Clean Install Tool, try reinstalling QuickBooks.
Perform the following preliminary steps before moving on:
- To begin, restart your computer
- Open the QuickBooks software
- Right-click QuickBooks under Start >>> All Programs
- Open QuickBooks by pressing the Ctrl key.
Solution of QuickBooks Not Responding/Stopped Working Error
We need to go over a couple of approaches for correcting this issue because there are various causes that can cause it. This will ensure that the “QuickBooks not responding Error” is completely resolved.
To resolve this QuickBooks problem, you must follow the instructions provided:
Total Time: 50 minutes
Step 1: Make Use Of The QuickBooks System Repair Tool
💠 Begin by installing the QuickBooks System Repair Tool on your computer
💠 Save the file to a location where you can easily access it later; it is highly recommended that you save the files to your desktop
💠 Close any programs that are currently running in the background
💠 Run the application and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool after it’s finished
💠 After the installation is finished, go to the company file and click continue to begin the procedure
💠 This process will take around 20 minutes; once the scanning is complete, restart your system to finish the process.
Step 2: Assign a different file name to the QB.INI file
💠 Because replacing the .ini file deletes all the rundown information, it’s necessary to reopen the company file and then change the file name
💠 Change the name of the Entitlement file, DataStore.ecml, to something else
💠 Restart the computer and try again to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: Attempt to restart your system and turn off the Anti-virus software for a limited time
💠 Begin by rebooting the device
💠 If the issue persists, disable the anti-virus software as well as Windows Defender
💠 To finish the operation, restart the device.
Solution 4: Using a new folder location on the device to access the file
💠 To begin, press the Windows + E keys simultaneously on your keyboard to start a new window
💠 Find the data file with the .qbw extension in this folder
💠 Perform a right-click on it and select Copy then navigate to the C: drive followed by creating a new folder
💠 ‘QBTEST’ is the new name for this folder
💠 Copy the data file and paste it into the QBTEST Folder
💠 Once the file has been pasted into the folder, press the CTRL key to launch QuickBooks
💠 To finish the procedure, click Open or Restore an Existing Company and choose the QBTEST folder.
Step 5: Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run the Quick Fix my Program
In this solution, you have to first download and install the Tool Hub then Run the Quick Fix My Program. Below are the suggested steps for the same:
One : First download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and install it
The QuickBooks tool hub application offers the ability to automatically correct certain problems. The following are the steps involved:
💠 To begin, you must first close QuickBooks
💠 After that, get the QuickBooks tool hub file
💠 Also, store the file somewhere you’ll be able to find it quickly
💠 Now, open the file you downloaded in the previous stages
💠 Install the software by following the onscreen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions
💠 After the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on the Windows desktop to launch it.
2: From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Quick Fix My Program
💠 The simple remedy will automatically shut down any open background processes that the app uses
💠 In addition, this tool will perform a quick repair on the program
💠 In order to complete this process, you must first choose the program issues in the tool hub program
💠 Select the program that will quickly cure my issue
💠 Open the company file as well as QuickBooks on the PC.
Step 6: Creating a new Windows Admin User
If your Windows installation is corrupted, you can establish a new windows admin user. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
💠 Open the Control panel by on the Windows Start tab
💠 To add or remove user accounts, click the Add or Remove User Accounts option
💠 After that, you’ll see the Manage Accounts dialogue box, where you can choose to establish a new account
💠 Select the Create Admin Account option after entering the account name
💠 The Create Account tab should be chosen
💠 Open the company file using the newly created admin account and see if the issue still exists.
Step 7: Use the Clean Install Tool or QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from QB Tools Hub
1: Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The old install folders are automatically renamed by the clean install tool. This allows the software to add new install files during re-installation:
💠 If it hasn’t previously been done, open the tool hub
💠 You must select Installation issues from the QuickBooks tool hub
💠 Select the Ok option after clicking on the clean install tool
💠 After selecting the QuickBooks and product versions, click the Continue button
💠 When the message “Please install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location” appears on your screen, select the Ok option.
2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
With only a few simple steps, you can fix the problem by downloading and executing QuickBooks install diagnostic tools. The following are the measures to take during this process:
💠 On your computer, start the QuickBooks tools hub software
💠 Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool option from the Installation problems menu
💠 Once you’ve completed that, you’ll need to wait at least 20 minutes because this process can be lengthy
💠 The tool will diagnose and fix the problem on its own once the scan is completed
💠 Reboot the machine to save your modifications.
Step 8: Fix “common QuickBooks not responding error” after Windows 10 update
If QuickBooks has stopped working after installing the Windows 10 update, follow the procedures below:
💠 Go to the control panel and then to the windows firewall option
💠 Select the Advanced Settings tab as well as options for outgoing rules
💠 Next, choose the program checkbox and then click on the new rule tab
💠 Choose the next option and check this program path option, then copy QuickBooks’ location
💠 You need additionally tick the public, private, or domain checkbox after selecting the block the connection option
💠 Rename it followed by clicking the finish option at the end.
Step 9: Create a new Windows Admin User
If your Windows installation is corrupted, you can establish a new windows admin user. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
💠 Open the Control panel by pressing the Windows Start tab
💠 To add or remove user accounts, click the Add or Remove User Accounts option
💠 After that, you’ll see the Manage Accounts dialogue box, where you can choose to create a new account
💠 Select the Create Admin Account option after entering the account name
💠 Now, the Create Account tab should be chosen
💠 Open the company file using the newly created admin account and see if the issue still exists.
Step 10: Download and Run the QuickBooks Refresher Tool
💠 You’ll have to shut down the QuickBooks program
💠 The QuickBooks refresher tool is available for download,just download it
💠 Save the file to your computer
💠 When the download procedure is finished, select Run and run the QBRefresher tool
💠 Select the option “Fix my QuickBooks” and the tool will now automatically diagnose the problem and resolve it
💠 Finally, open QuickBooks and double-check the problem.
#1. QuickBooks not responding when opening
What is QuickBooks not responding when opening?
When users are trying to open their company file. It can happen due to multiple reasons like Your company name may be longer than required, damaged Windows OS, corrupt hard drive, damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file, etc.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when opening?
Solution 1: Download and make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBinstall Tool)
- The QB Install Diagnostic Tool can be downloaded in the very first step
- Now save the file to the computer that has QuickBooks installed on it
- Close all of the programs that are currently running on your computer
- Now you can use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to troubleshoot your installation (QBInstall Tool)
- After running the tool, restart your computer to ensure that all Windows components have been updated.
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSER.INI File
The QBWUSER.INI file should be renamed (changing the name of the file would delete the list of company files that were opened previously and this step would require you to open your company file manually)
- Locate and open the folder containing the QBWUSER.ini file (If you are unable to find the folder, enable all the hidden files and folders to find it)
- Follow the following path: Location: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Next, QBWUSER.ini should be renamed (do a right-click and select rename)
- Add the suffix .old to the end of the file name (like QBWUSER.ini.old)
- Along with that, the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file should be renamed
- Check to see if you can open a sample company file after renaming QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml
- If you can open the sample file but not your own company file, copy the file to a different folder or location and open it from there (copy the file to a local folder than a network location)
- If the company file opens in a new location, the problem could be caused by a damaged folder or permissions
- If you’re still having trouble signing into your company file, check to see if it’s damaged
- Instead, try restoring a previous backup of that file in case of damaged file
- If you can’t open the sample company file or QuickBooks won’t start, it’s possible that the problem is with your QuickBooks installation.
Important Note: QuickBooks automatically creates a new QBWUSER.INI file.
#2. QuickBooks not responding after login
What is QuickBooks not responding after login?
Users get an error message “QuickBooks not responding after login” usually when they attempt to use QB Desktop. The error QuickBooks not responding when backing up or functioning is a frequent occurrence that various factors may cause. Reasons can be a corrupt hard disk, malfunctioning Windows operating system, corrupt or damaged QuickBooks installation, etc.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding after login?
Solution 1: Make use of QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- Start with closing your QB application
- Next, download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool from the Intuit official website
- Now, click on the “Save” in order to save the file
- After the download completed, hit the “Run” button
- With this it will start the QBRefresher tool
- The tool will automatically detect a QuickBooks problem followed by carrying out the required steps to fix the error
- Finally, you have to try logging into the QB and then verify that the issue has been addressed to end this procedure.
Solution 2: Use the Diagnostic Tool to overcome QuickBooks not responding
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool locates and repairs the problem, as well as any damaged Microsoft components on which the QuickBooks program relies.
- The QuickBooks tool hub should be the first thing you open if it isn’t already open
- The user must then select the installation issues from the tool hub
- The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is then selected
- Allow time for the tool to complete its task, as it could take up to 20 minutes or more
In the majority of cases, software will detect or discover the problem and quickly resolve QuickBooks not responding when trying to login.
Using the QBInstall diagnostic tool is a simple process with less effort, the below is steps that should be performed:
- To begin, open your computer and download and install the QBInstall software
- confirm if any background programs are running
- On the QBInstall tool, the user must now click the “Run” button
Important Note: Please keep in mind that detecting current QuickBooks issues could take up to 20 minutes.
- Following the completion of the “Scan procedure”, the tool will automatically identify and resolve issues with Microsoft components used by the QB program.
- The user must restart the computer at the end of the process.
#3. QuickBooks not responding when opening company file
What is QuickBooks not responding when opening company file?
The error pops up when trying to open QB software or its company file. As a result, the program gets frozen or stops responding to the given inputs. Besides that it can be triggered due to a number of reasons including the company file name being considered too long, damaged QuickBooks installation or missing files, damaged Windows OS, and more.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when opening company file?
Solution 1: Reboot your PC and temporarily disable the Anti-virus software
- You must first reboot your computer system
- After the reboot, go to QuickBooks Desktop and open it
- If the problem persists, you’ll need to turn off your antivirus for a while.
Note: If the problem persists after that, try temporarily disabling your antivirus software.
Solution 2: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop on Windows
If the above solution won’t work out, you must try to reinstall your QB. to accomplish this, you can attempt the below steps for Clean Installation of QuickBooks:
- By pressing the Windows + R keys at the same time, the Run Window will appear
- In the Run Windows search bar, type “Control Panel”
- Now, in the Programs and Features list, look for QuickBooks and click Uninstall/Change
- You must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process
- You can get the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool by clicking here
- Then, on the license agreement page, open the QB Clean Install Tool and click “I Accept”
- You can now perform a clean installation of QuickBooks on your Desktop by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
#4. QuickBooks not responding when updating company file
What is QuickBooks not responding when updating company file?
At times, users receive QuickBooks not responding when updating a company file. The error can be quite frustrating as it hinders the smooth process and may also end up in losing the unsaved data. Some of the most common reasons behind this error occurrence are disintegrated or corrupted QBWUSER.INI file, damaged Windows installation, Windows OS files got damaged, etc. Additionally, you can identify the error “QuickBooks not responding when updating company file” by looking at a few symptoms like the device will freeze regularly and will not respond to the input commands, QuickBooks Desktop does not open, and you will receive QuickBooks has stopped working error messages repeatedly.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when updating company file?
Solution 1: Using a new folder location on the device to access the file
- To begin, press the Windows + E keys on your keyboard together to open a new window
- Look for the data file with the .qbw extension
- Do a right-click on it and select Copy followed by navigating C: drive and create a new folder
- “QBTEST” is the new name for this folder
- Copy the data file and paste it into the QBTEST Folder
- Once the file has been pasted into the folder, press the CTRL key to open QuickBooks
- To finish the process, click Open or Restore an Existing Company and select the QBTEST folder.
Solution 2: Try to create a new Windows Admin User
If your Windows installation is damaged, you can create a new windows admin user. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Open the Control panel by pressing the Windows Start tab
- To add or remove user accounts, click the Add or Remove User Accounts link
- After that, you’ll see the Manage Accounts dialogue box, where you can choose to create a new account
- Select the Create Admin Account option after entering the account name
- The Create Account tab should be chosen
- Open the company file with the newly created admin account and see if the issue still exists.
#5. QuickBooks not responding when backing up
What is QuickBooks not responding when backing up?
QuickBooks not responding when backing up is a daunting situation because it prevents the program from backing up your important financial data. “QuickBooks Won’t Restore Backup,” “QuickBooks Backup Freezes,” “QuickBooks Backup Stuck at 99,” and “QuickBooks Backup Error, Unable to continue” is just a few examples of the same error. This could be due to a number of things, including hardware failure or data loss as a result of a virus or malware infection. To avoid data loss, it is a good idea to back up your important financial data on a regular basis.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when backing up?
Solution 1: Verify and Rebuild QuickBooks Company File
A faulty backup path may be the cause of QuickBooks’ inability to back up the company file. Verifying the backup directory may help you figure out what’s wrong.
- Open QuickBooks and select Verify Data from the Utilities drop-down menu on the File menu
- If the Verify Data tool discovers problems with the company file, go back to the Utilities drop-down menu and select Rebuild Data
- Allow the tool to repair the damage in the company file, then try to backup the company file again to see if the “QuickBooks not responding when backing up” error has been resolved.
Solution 2: Verify the Backup Directory in QuickBooks
- Navigate to the Preferences section within QuickBooks Desktop
- Select Backup Options from the drop-down menu
- In QuickBooks, go to the Local Backup Only section and look at the backup directory you chose
- Check that the path to the backup file in QuickBooks is valid/appropriate
- If the backup path is incorrect or unavailable, click Browse and choose the appropriate folder location to save the company file backup
- Alter the Backup Location in QuickBooks
- The Create Backup window also allows you to change the backup path before creating a backup of the company file.
#6. QuickBooks not responding when sending emails
What is QuickBooks not responding when sending emails?
There are times when QBs not responding while sending emails which give varieties of error codes. It usually happens when QuickBooks Desktop is likely to crash while attaching or opening a file, when opening the check register, when the user clicks on the Send Forms, etc. it can be caused by multiple reasons like damaged or missing Windows components, improper firewall settings, invalid settings in Internet Explorer or Outlook, etc. In other words, it is usually just a settings issue.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when sending emails?
To send emails from QuickBooks, follow the solutions in the correct order.
Solution 1: Edit your email preferences in QB
- Go to the Edit tab in your QuickBooks application after you’ve opened it
- Select Send Forms from the Preferences drop-down menu
- Select the Send email using the option from the My Preferences tab
- Move back to the Edit tab and select the Preferences tab after clicking Ok
- Select Send Forms from the “My Preferences” tab, then QuickBooks Email
- After that, select Outlook as your preference and click “Ok” to confirm
- Check if the QuickBooks not responding when sending emails error has been resolved by restarting your computer.
Solution 2: Edit the Internet Explorer email Preferences
- Open Internet Explorer after closing QuickBooks
- Navigate to the Tools >>> Settings >>> Internet options
- Select the Set Programs option from the Programs tab
- As the default email program, make sure Microsoft Outlook is selected
- Apply the changes and then click the Ok button to confirm
- Exit Internet Explorer and try sending an email through QuickBooks again to see if the solution fixed your problem.
#7. QuickBooks not responding when trying to print
What is QuickBooks not responding when trying to print?
One of the most useful features of QuickBooks software is the ability to print from the QB Desktop version. You may experience printing issues in QB Desktop at times, which may be caused by a missing or corrupt component. QuickBooks not responding when trying to print errors could also be caused by a printer or system malfunction. Missing XPS printer drivers can also be another reason behind this issue.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when trying to print?
Solution 1: Check your Printer
- To see if QuickBooks can print outside, take a printout in Notepad:
- To begin, press the Start Window Key and then type Notepad into the search box
- Write something in Notepad, then select File >>> Print
- Select the appropriate printer and then select the Print option
- If this doesn’t work out, you’ll have to move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool, from the tool hub program
If the above solutions won’t worked out, Intuit suggested a tool called QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool from the tool hub, you can run this tool by following the below steps:
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- To begin, you must close QuickBooks
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a file that you need to download
- Then save the file somewhere you’ll be able to find it easily (like the downloads folder or the windows desktop)
- Now, open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- To install, follow the on-screen prompts and then agree to the terms and conditions
- Finally, when the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to launch it.
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, you need to run the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
- To do so, go to the tool hub program and select the program problems
- Select the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair tool from the drop-down menu
- It could take up to a minute to complete
- Then you must print, email, or save as a PDF again from QuickBooks desktop
The QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool can be used to diagnose and resolve printing issues. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Locate the QBPrint.qbp file on the QuickBooks system that is having printing issues
- Manually rename the file by adding any word as a prefix
- The file location on windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 will be: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX
- If you can’t find the file, make sure the hidden files and folders are unhidden
- The next step is to rename the QBPrint.qbp file using the right-click menu
- When you open QuickBooks and the company file, a new qbprint.qbp file will appear
- Moving forward, you should open a transaction in which you had a problem creating a PDF in QuickBooks or printing with QuickBooks, to see if it worked or not
- Finally, print from a QB sample company file to see if there is a problem with your company file.
#8. QuickBooks not responding after windows 10 update
What is QuickBooks not responding after windows 10 update?
Users often ended up with QuickBooks not responding after the Windows 10 update. It can happen if there is an issue with your Windows upgrades, compatibility issues between QB and Windows, etc. Sometimes, incompatibility with Internet settings may cause the QB program to crash, as a result QuickBooks not responding/stop working.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding after windows 10 update?
Solution 1: Fix the compatibility issue
- First, type QuickBooks into the Windows search bar
- Once you’ve located the QuickBooks application, do a right-click on it and choose “Open File Location” from the menu
- Select the QB file and right-click it followed by selecting the “Properties” tab
- Now, click the “Compatibility” tab on the Properties dialogue box, and select Windows OS (8.1/8/7) from the “Run the program in compatibility mode for” drop-down box
- Finally, press the OK button after clicking Apply.
Solution 2: Block the QuickBooks Access to the Internet
The QuickBooks executable file (QBW32.EXE) must be blocked from accessing the Internet as part of this solution. Disabling this QB feature may result in the QB installation and data being damaged. As a result, create a backup of your data before attempting this solution.
If you add a firewall rule to prevent the QuickBooks executable file (QBW32.EXE) from accessing the Internet, you should be able to run QuickBooks without any problems. To do so, take the following steps:
- Open the Control Panel on the system where the “QuickBooks not responding” issue is occurring, and then select Windows Firewall
- From the left navigation pane of the Windows Firewall window, select “Advanced Settings”
- Click Outbound Rules when the “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security” window appears
- Select the “New Rule” option from the “Actions” pane on the right
- Click “Outbound Rules” in the ‘Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window
- Choose the “Program” radio button on the “Rule Type” window, then press the “Next” button
- Select the “This Program Path” radio button on the Program window, and then type the following path into the program path box.
- For 64-bit Windows installations:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010\QBW32.EXE
- For 32-bit Windows installations:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010\QBW32.EXE
- For 64-bit Windows installations:
- After that, “Next” should be pressed
- Select “Block the connection” from the Action window and then hit “Next”
- Make sure the Domain, Private, and Public options are checked in the “Profile” window before pressing the Next button
- Assign a suitable name to the newly created firewall rule (for example, Block QB Internet Connection) in the “Name” windows, and then click “Finish”
- In the end, close the Windows Firewall tab.
#9. QuickBooks not responding when connecting to bank
What is QuickBooks not responding when connecting to bank?
There are several reasons why QuickBooks not responding when connecting to a bank such as improper internet connectivity or maybe you tried to set up multiple bank accounts. Though connecting multiple bank accounts is not a bank issue but it can create issues in your QuickBooks software.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when connecting to bank?
Solution 1: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
- First, QuickBooks is closed/exited
- To access the Finder menu, go to the File menu and select Finder
- Choose Go from the menu and then choose the applications
- Search for QuickBooks and then trash the QB icon by dragging it to the Trash icon
- After that, delete the QuickBooks PLIST files to restore the default settings for all preferences
- To do so, follow these steps:
- Select Go from the Finder menu
- Select Library while holding the Option key
- Open the Preferences folder, then look for the PLIST files named QB and your version, and drag them to the Trash
- Finally, remove all trash from the area.
Now, ensure that your device is restarted to ensure that all components have been updated. After that, you can begin reinstalling QuickBooks and setting up your bank feeds again.
Solution 2: Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the bank account
- Select the account you want to disconnect from the Banking tab
- Press the pencil icon in the blue highlighted box and select Edit account info
- On save, check the box next to Disconnect this account
- Save and close the window
- In the top right-hand corner, select Add account
- Find your bank and sign in
- To connect your bank account, follow the onscreen instructions.
Your connection has been reset, and any new transactions should appear in the banking tab.
#10. QuickBooks not responding when closing
What is QuickBooks not responding when closing?
You might be concerned that if your QuickBooks programme crashes, freezes, or otherwise fails to respond properly when you try to close it, you’ll lose all the data you’ve just spent hours entering. Starting with the most common cause of this issue, troubleshooting potential problems can help you pinpoint and correct the problem. However, there are a number of reasons that could lead to this error including damaged Windows OS, corrupt or missing QBWUSER.INI file, conflict in some program, etc.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when closing?
Solution 1: Try closing one Windows at a time
It is pretty possible when you attempt to close all open files at the same time could lead to the application to crash. Close each open QuickBooks window separately to see if this is the problem. To ensure the program does not crash, first click the “X” in the upper-right corner of the main window and wait one to two seconds. If it closes without a hitch, close each window in the reverse order in which they opened until the company file is successfully closed.
Solution 2: Suppress the Desktop
You can suppress the desktop before you start troubleshooting, allowing you to start QuickBooks without having to open a company file. This will assist you in determining whether the issue is with the data, program, system, or user. To do so, hold down the “Ctrl” key while double-clicking the QuickBooks icon to launch the program. There is a data or network problem if you start QuickBooks while suppressing the desktop and get an error or if QuickBooks crashes. It’s possible that you have damaged data if you don’t see any network programs.
#11. QuickBooks not responding after clone
What is QuickBooks not responding after clone?
It is one of the most common problems that occur after cloning a hard drive. The primary cause of this problem is the information about your QB license that is saved on your hard drive when you install it. You may encounter QuickBooks not responding after cloning issues if the stored information is corrupted and does not match.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding after clone?
Solution 1: Reconfigure your QuickBooks by deleting the ECML file
- To open the run box, first press and hold the Windows + R keys on your keyboard together
- Next, you must type c:/program/entitlementclient/v8 and then hit the Enter key
- Now, Windows Explorer will open at the location you specified, and you must locate the ECML file
- After that, do a right-click on the ECML file followed by choosing “Delete” from the context menu
- Once done with that, simply close the window and re-configure QuickBooks
- You will be able to quickly resolve the QuickBooks not responding after cloning error by deleting the ECML file
If the above step fails, you can simply try another method to resolve the error.
Solution 2: Rename the ECML file
- Close any messages that appear on your screen or in QuickBooks
- Go to the c:/programdata/intuit/entitlementclient/v8 in your computer
- Perform a right-click on the entitlementdatastore.ecml file and choose “Rename” from the drop-down menu
- Rename it to whatever you want
- Then open QuickBooks and follow the on-screen instructions to re-register it.
#12. QuickBooks not responding on chrome
What is QuickBooks not responding on chrome?
At times, you end up with some error while running your QuickBooks software on Google Chrome. When the error happens, it gives you an error message stating that “QuickBooks not responding on chrome” when you open your QB account on Chrome. You may also receive a notification that “The site can’t be reached”. Such kind of errors usually arises because of incorrect configuration of the Chrome browser and sometimes because of internet connectivity issues.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding on chrome?
Solution 1: Check the Date and Time of your system
One of the most common causes of QuickBooks Online errors on Chrome browser is incorrect date and time. Check to see if your computer is displaying correct data and time, and if it isn’t, follow the steps below:
- Control Panel can be accessed by pressing Windows + R keys together and typing Control Panel
- Press Enter and type Date and Time into the top-right search bar
- Under the Date and Time section, click Set the Time and Date
- Now, select “Change and Time” from the drop-down menu
- Click “Apply” and then the “Ok” tab after setting the correct Date and Time for your location.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys altogether from your keyboard to open the Chrome browser
- Select All Time from the Time Range drop-down menu
- Check the boxes for Cookies and other side data, as well as Cached images and files
- Clear the data by clicking the Clear button
- After the data has been cleared, try using your Chrome browser to access QuickBooks Online again.
If these steps won’t work out then you can try reconfiguring your Antivirus and Firewall or resetting your Internet Security and Privacy Level.
#13. QuickBooks not responding during rebuild
What is QuickBooks not responding during rebuild?
QuickBooks rebuild commands can occasionally fail before completing, leaving QBW files in an inconsistent and damaged state. Alternatively, the rebuild command may hang and display the message “QuickBooks rebuild not responding” continuously, forcing you to stop it. You may not be able to start QuickBooks at all in this situation, preventing you from accessing your critical financial data as well. Technical issues, crashing, freezing issues, malware or virus infections, and other corruptions can cause such kinds of issues.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding during rebuild?
QuickBooks Built-In “Rebuild & Repair” Command to Repair Errors and Corruptions
To fix errors and corruption within QuickBooks applications, Intuit’s QB includes a built-in “Repair and Rebuild” feature. Here’s how to use this command:
Note: It is recommended that you keep a recent and complete backup of your QuickBooks before running this command.
Step 1: On the PC where the company file is saved, open the QuickBooks software. (Note that the rebuild will take place on this PC rather than over the network)
Step 2: Switch to Single-user mode by clicking File.
Step 3: Re-sort the list of names, items, and charts of accounts, payroll, and other items as an administrator. Re-sorting the list restores the list’s default order.
Note: Do not cancel or terminate the Rebuild Data Utility until it has completed its task.
Step 4: Now, Verify the data
- Go to the File >>> Utilities >>> Verify Data from the File menu
- If the message “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data” appears, you don’t need to do anything else
- But if “Your data has lost integrity” message appears – This indicates that your files have been damaged and that you will need to rebuild them
Step 5: Rebuild the Data
- Go to the File >>> Utilities >>> Rebuild Data from the File menu
- If a warning message appears, click “Ok” to save your company file
- If the message “QuickBooks rebuild not responding” appears on your PC, move your mouse cursor and wait for it to finish
- Finally, click “Ok” when it says “Rebuild has completed”
Step 6: To check for any remaining data damage, repeat Step 5. If the verify still fails, proceed to the next step
Step 7: Look for QBWin.log files and double-check the entries to see if the problem has been resolved.
#14. QuickBooks not responding while verifying Data
What is QuickBooks not responding while verifying Data?
It is quite a mysterious issue when Data Verify Fails, Data Rebuild Fails and gives an error message “The operation couldn’t be completed. However, there are numerous circumstances when such an error happens like if there is missing list name, damaged data or transaction, etc. When data damage or errors aren’t causing errors, they can go undetected for a long time. However, you can use the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool to find these errors in your company file on a regular basis. Moreover, you can try the below steps to fix the data damaged issue.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding while verifying Data?
Solution 1: Repair the company file using the Rebuild Data tool
QuickBooks Desktop includes a Rebuild Data tool that automatically corrects minor data issues in company files.
- Select Rebuild Data from the File menu by hovering over Utilities
- Select OK to close the QuickBooks Information window
- To save a backup, follow the prompts on the screen
- Allow the program to correct your file
- It is possible that it will take a while
- QuickBooks may appear to be frozen, but it is still operational as long as you can move your mouse
- Select OK after the tool has finished
- Select File from the drop-down menu
- Then select Verify Data from the Utilities drop-down menu
- Allow the tool to perform a data check on your file.
Select “Ok” if QuickBooks finds no errors. You may continue to use your company file, if there is no data loss on your end. But in case, if QB finds an issue with the company file then you’re supposed to select the “Rebuild Now” option.
#15. QuickBooks not responding in multi-user mode
What is QuickBooks not responding in multi-user mode?
When the workstations attempt to launch a company file that is located on the server computer, it displays “QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error”. The error message isn’t always visible, but QuickBooks continues to run in single-user mode. More than one reason could lead to this error and few of them are inappropriate configured hosting settings, damaged or corrupted .ND file, improper setup of Windows file permissions, etc.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding in multi-user mode?
Solution 1: Rename the *.TLG and the *.ND files
In QuickBooks, the network data and transaction log files are called .ND and .TLG, respectively, and they help QB connect to and open the company file. Damage to any of these files can make it difficult for QuickBooks to access the company file, so renaming them forces QuickBooks to create new ones that are free of corruption and damage.
Here are the steps to help you locate the .TLG and .ND files before you rename them:
- Open the QuickBooks Company File in a new window
- Press the F2 key while on the Home page
- The window for Product Information appears
- The location of the Company File can be found under File Information
- The .TLG and .QBW.ND files are both located in the same directory
- Do a right-click on the above-mentioned files in the location to rename them.
Solution 2: Check the services on your Server
Certain services run in the background of your Windows PC, assisting QuickBooks in multi-user mode to run smoothly. You may have trouble running QuickBooks in multi-user mode if any of these services stops working or is not set to run automatically when Windows starts. We’ll start the QuickBooks database service and set it to run automatically in the steps below to eliminate multi-user errors in QuickBooks.
- Open the Windows Start menu on your server computer
- To open the Run command window, type Run in the text box
- Hit “Enter” after typing services.msc into the Run window
- Perform double-click on the QuickbooksDBXX when you find it
- Change the Startup type to Automatic
- The status of the service should be either Running or Started
- Otherwise, press the Start button
- Select the Recovery option from the drop-down menu
- Select Restart the Service from the drop-down menus below
- There are three types of failures: the first, the second, and the subsequent failures
- To save the changes, select “Apply” and then “Ok” button
- The steps should be the same as for QBCFMonitorService.
In any case, the above solution still does not resolve the error then you can try configuring your Windows Firewall Settings or you can make use of tools called QuickBooks Database Server Manager or QuickBooks File Doctor to overcome the error.
#16. QuickBooks not responding after payroll update
What is QuickBooks not responding after payroll update?
When the payroll subscription is not active, it throws an error stating “QuickBooks not responding after payroll update”. You must also activate your subscriptions in order to fix this error. This is the most common error that appears on your screen whenever you download the most recent updates. When this error occurs, the program’s functions will be frozen, causing problems for users. When you update your payroll, errors appear in your QuickBooks account, which must be resolved with the appropriate solution.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding after payroll update?
- Your payroll tax table needs to be updated. To get a payroll update, go to the employee’s menu and select the option Get payroll update, then click the link to download. If the problem persists, rename the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- In safe mode, download the payroll update. To do so, you must first shut down your computer and then restart it in safe mode. After the download is complete, reboot your computer in normal mode.
- Make a browser setting change in Internet Explorer. Go to the tools menu after opening the internet settings in your browser. Now go to the advanced tab and select the Internet option. After that, select either restore default or reset, and then click OK to save your changes.
- Repairing the QuickBooks Desktop software. To begin, go to the control panel >> programs and features >> QuickBooks >> uninstall/change option >> Repair option. Then complete all of the steps to repair the tour software.
#17. QuickBooks not responding when reconciling
What is QuickBooks not responding when reconciling?
If QuickBooks crashes or does not respond when reconciling, the company data file will need to be repaired. You can try restoring a backup if you can’t fix the data. The software can slow down and crash due to corrupt data and missing information. Some files are not being cleaned up, outdated operating system, etc.
How to fix QuickBooks not responding when reconciling?
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the official Intuit website
- A prompt appears on your screen, requesting that you select a location for the data to be saved
- Save the file to your computer’s desktop
- On your computer, run the QBInstall tool
- Make sure that you download the updates for all the components of your QB
- Save the changes by restarting your computer.
Solution 2: Reconcile Screen
- You have to verify that the reconcile screen appears on your screen when run a report
- In case, you don’t see the reconciliation screen then you’re supposed to close the software and try again to run the report
- You can also fix these issues by repairing the QuickBooks installation and files.
That’s all about QuickBooks not responding/has stopped working/freezing. It is expected that this article will be helpful in overcoming these issues. Moreover, eliminating such QB errors do not require any additional IT knowledge. You simply have to perform each and every step carefully and your errors get resolved easily. For more queries or quick resolution for your concern, you can connect with Expertise via LIVE CHAT.