One of the common errors that the user face while operating Sage 50 accounting software is “not being able to open company files” or “not being able to connect to the database”
Such error messages occurring at the end of a conversation can occur due to the ‘firewalls’ installed in the system. The resolution is possible. However, it is a little tricky concerning what needs to be done. However, since there is no other option but to get the Sage 50 2015 up to and running, trying out the solutions can help in such a situation.
Sage 50 accounting software does everything that a company requires- from payroll to invoices and business communications. Its enhanced features (with new Sage 50 2018) and the continuous support from the customer service team, as well its versatility have made the software one of the most sought-after in the industry. With every new version and update, the company sets up targets to meet the challenges faced by the users. One such issue or error that we need to focus on here is the “not able to open company file” error.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Error: Sage 50 Premium 2015 Not Able to Open Company Files
Error Message: “Not Able to Open Company File” after conversion to 2018 version
“Unknown Error Has Occurred” appears at the end of the conversion process.
Reason for Sage 50 Premium 2015 Not Able to Open Company Files Error
The Error: Sage 50 Premium 2015 Not Able to Open Company Files Occurs because the Accessibility of the network may be lost.
To Know More Read Below:
- Problems with the installation process itself
- The components in the new version are blocked
- Firewalls and antivirus compatibility or permission to the new version of Sage 50
Let us look at some of the resolutions that can work in such instances:
To Solve Error: Sage 50 Premium 2015 Not Able to Open Company Files Convert from 2017.x and older to 2018.x and higher.
Read More Below:
1. Solution One:
If you are not able to open company files, here are some of the resolutions that can be applied to rectify the error:
- Start by disabling the Antivirus: Check for the multiple antivirus software in your system, disable the real-time protection installed through Microsoft security essentials or auto-protection on the antivirus. Some antivirus software requires just disabling the firewall, while others might require the real-time scanning to be disabled. For McAfee, however, one needs to disable both firewall and real-time scanning for the solution to work.
- In case you have an auto-backup software installed to keep a back-up of the company files, disable them.
- Now, right-click on the SAGE 50 icon to run it as an administrator.
- Begin the ‘Conversion’ again. It should work fine now.
- Once the conversion process is complete, re-enable the antivirus or other security software.
- Check out if all you are able to open all files.
2. Solution Two:
If disabling the firewall or the security options did not work, try to check the errorlog.txt file for more clarity on the problem.
- Go to “DATA FILE LOCATION”, and click open the “errorlog.txt” files. In case you encounter large blank sections or some sections that have strange characters, then it means that the file you are trying to open is corrupt and cannot be converted. The only option, in this case, is to call the Sage 50 customer care for resolution.
- In case if there are no black sections or strange characters, try the “MySQL” and the “folders” option under it. Try to check the “2nd last version of file character” or the “3rd last version of SAGE 50”. Check the image that is given under “Additional Information”
- Now, right-click the “SAGE 50 “icon, to run it as an administrator.
- Try conversion again to check if it is running smoothly.