Sage 50 (Peachtree) error 54 is linked to theinterrupted Read / Write problem when accessing a file.It can solved by following some easy steps. As we know that, Sage 50 (Peachtree) has established a name for itself in the market of accounting solutions across the globe The Company has grown leaps and bounds in only a few years. However, the name of the firm was changed to Sage 50, but the change in name nowhere led to the change in the product quality, or its popularity.
About Peachtree Error 54
Now, coming to the error 54, associated with a write/read problem, normally, this means that a damaged data file which is typically linked to the problem. The usual course of correction is to reinstate the last known data backup or to have all the data professionally repaired. Now, the major question is why this error happens so frequently? The most generic answer is power interruption or hardware problems including, NIC drivers, cabling, network cards, switches etc.
Also Find : All about Peachtree Error 1639
|Error Code||Sage 50 (Peachtree) Error 54||Developer:||Sage Group|
|Error Description|| |
Unable to Read Data File
|Cause||In case the Userpref.dat is corrupted||Applies to:||Windows|
|Symptom||Power Failure during Sage 50 Session.||Possible Solution||In case the workstation will open, select the option Maintain, Company data and note the Directory. Shut down all files related to Sage 50 on all the workstations|
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 (Peachtree) Error 54
Unable to Read Data File
The Sage 50 (Peachtree) Error 54 is caused due to Power Failure during Sage 50 Session.
To know more read below:
- In case the Userpref.dat is corrupted
- Error 54 also occurs of the drive is mapped imperfectly
- Also, in case the drive is mapped via a share above the Sage 50 (Peachtree) folder as a substitute to the Sage 50 (Peachtree) folder itself as it is straightup the datapath folder
To Solve Sage 50 (Peachtree) Error 54 open the System and then Company File.
To Know more read below:
Here is how you can easily solve this error:
- In case the workstation will open, select the option Maintain, Company data and note the Directory; in case the company doesn’t open, you may have to follow some other troubleshooting steps as well
- Shut down all files related to Sage 50 on all the workstations
- Reopen the workstationand browse through to the company directory
- After the above steps, Right-click on the UserPref.DAT, and after that select the option that reads Delete or you may also choose Rename and writeuserpref.old
However, if the workstation is opened again, a fresh UserPref.DAT will be made automatically. This file ill include the user preferences for Sage 50, like all the shortcuts or international options inside Sage 50.
- Shut down the workstation
- Reopen the accounting software, Sage 50 as well as the company
- Check if you still get the error or not