Sage 50 accounting could not be started
Sage 50 is one of the most popular accounting software among small and medium businesses. It is a business management subscription-based software which was formerly known as ‘Peachtree Accounting. This Sage Group product helps in managing finances, invoices, billing, inventory, etc.
It is a user-friendly software but under some situations, the user might come across some technical errors. An error like “Sage 50 accounting could not be started” is one of the most common errors where a user will problems in running Sage software. It is similar to the Sage 50 error which is Sage 50 Server Busy.
Error: “Sage 50 accounting could not be started……”
It occurs in Windows operating system and also when the pervasive file is missing from their software. Users will receive a message to restart their system.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 accounting could not be started
Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…”
The causes for this Sage 50 accounting could not be started are:
Sage 50 accounting could not be started due to issues with the compatibility mode setting for shortcuts.
To know more read below:
- Pervasive not installed.
- Damaged Pervasive file in your system.
- Sage 50-U.S. Edition is not installed.
- Pervasive is blocked by UAC
- Problem with configuration of firewall installed in your system.
Method One: Steps to Fix Sage 50 Accounting Could Not Be Started
To Solve Sage 50 accounting could not be started, Verify the error is resolved on that computer by opening the program.
Read More Below:
To Fix the Sage 50 Accounting Could Not Be Started follow the steps provided below:
Total Time: 4 minutes
Verify Sage 50
◼ Verify Sage 50 is installed in Server.
◼ Click on Windows +R
Search for Appwiz.cpl
◼ Type “Appwiz.cpl” in the search bar and click OK.
◼ Open Sage 50 Accounting version.
◼ Manually Re-install Pervasive
◼ Click Windows+R.
◼ “Run” dialog box will appear on the screen.
◼ In the search bar type “Appwiz.cpl” and click OK.
◼ A list of programs will appear.
◼ Search Pervasive in that list.
◼ Select it and click on Uninstall.
◼ Re-install Pervasive again.
- Check compatibility issues in system.
- Start your system.
- Right click on Sage icon and click on properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab and “Uncheck” the check box which is present next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Place check mark on check box which is on left side of “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Remove check mark from check box, if UAC is enabled.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Check for Data Path Permissions.
- Start Pervasive service in Related Resources.
- Reinstall software using “Run as Administrator”.
- Give access to installer which is usually located at C:\Sage\Sage50_20xx_x\
- Right click on file Maint.exe and click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Click on “Repair” option when dialog box appears.
- Complete the installation.