If you’re a Sage 50 U.S. user – the odds are pretty good considering you’re reading this – you may have run into a time where Sage 50 didn’t start as expected. This is often caused by Pervasive, the database engine used by Sage 50 U.S., either not running or missing.
The number of things that Sage 50 performs for users makes it clear that the program used is structured in a complex way to help individuals. As a result, sometimes users have to face difficulties in the form of errors in Sage 50. The most common error that users face is Sage 50 2017 cannot be started please try again or Sage 50 cannot be started please reboot or Sage 50 database cannot be started while upgrading after disabling the firewall.
|Error Code:||Sage 50 Cannot be Started||Developer:||Sage Group|
|Error Description:||Sage 50 Accounting could not be started. Please try again||Software:||Sage 50|
|Cause:||Sage 50 database cannot be started while upgrading after disabling the firewall||Applies to:||Windows|
|Symptom:||Damaged or missing files in the company data folder.||Possible Solution:||If you are running Sage on a network and the workstation is still getting the error but the server is not, restart Actian on the workstation.|
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 Cannot be Started
There are various error messages that you might see if Sage 50 U.S. won’t start, including:
Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started please reboot.”
Error: “Sage 50 Accounting could not be started. Please try again.”
Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started” when Pervasive PSQL is not running or needs to be restarted
Error: “Sage 50 Accounting cannot be opened”
An error occurred after a power outage
Sometimes Sage 50—U.S. Edition opens and sometimes this error comes up after restarting the computer.
Sage 50 cannot be started after 2020 update
Sage 50 Error: Forms
Sage 50 cannot be started is a usual problem that restricts the working of the software.
However, there are various forms in which this error occurs. These included:
- Sage 50 cannot be started. Please reboot your computer or click Help for more information
- Sage 50 accounting could not be started. Please try again.
- Sage 50 cannot start
- Unable to open the program
- Sage 50 accounting could not be started
Sage 50 Cannot be Started is caused due to below various possible reasons like
Sage 50 Cannot be Started because there are Damaged or missing files in the company data folder.
To know more read below:
There are several error messages that you can see if the Sage 50 U.S. Won’t start, including:
- Actian not operating
- Symantec is blocking Endpoint Protection actian
- Actian mislaid
- Disk is not mapped for admin
- The firewall is stopping Activity or other Sage 50 files
- Internet Protocol edition 6 (IPv6) is allowed
- Access restricted to Peachtree[edition].ini file
- Incomplete installation or damaged company file
- The updated serial number on the workstation but not the server
- The vpn connection failed
- Wrong data path
- Windows User Profile is Damaged
- Missing or damaged files in the data pathway
- Files stuck in Open position
- Wrong allow set
- Workstation not able to ping the server by name or IP Address
- Antivirus Obstacle activity or other sage 50 files
- Microsoft .NET Framework problems in Instance Viewer
- Can’t find hostname on the pc
- Program operating in compatibility mode
- Norton 360 by Symantec is stopping programs
- Internet Protection is stopping the program
- Pc name extended more than 12 characters
- Not sufficiently space available in hard drive
- UAC (user accounts control) has blocked pervasive.
- Virus or malware lately encountered on the computer
- ~PVSW~.LOC is the old server name
These are the reasons and causes due to which Sage 50 cannot be started, there can be some functional issues also and it may be difficult for the user to locate the exact cause behind the error and how can it be resolved.
How to resolve Sage 50 Cannot be Started Error?
To Solve Sage 50 Cannot be Started Restart Action on the computer that hosts the data.
Read More Below:
The solutions that can surely help you to start Sage 50 are:
1. Solution One: Verify Sage 50 Installed on The Server
The first solution is to verify whether Sage 50 is installed on the server you’re using.
To do so:
- Press Windows + R
- In the search bar, type cpl
- Click OK
- Open the Sage 50 Accounting version
2. Solution Two: Figure out the Compatibility Issue in Your System
The next step is to check the compatibility issues, if any, in the system. Keep in mind the Windows version you’re using as your operating system. Don’t forget, it is important to find if your version is compatible with the Sage 50 accounting software.
To check the compatibility, you need to:
- Start your system
- On Sage icon, right-click and select Properties
- Go to Compatibility tab
- Uncheck the checkbox that you find next to Run this program in compatibility mode for
- Tick the checkbox on the left side of the Run this program as an administrator
- Remove check mark if your UAC is enabled
- Click Apply and then OK
3. Solution Three: Check for Data Path Permissions.
The next solution is to check for Data Path Permissions.
To see this:
- Start the Pervasive service
- Re-install the software using the option Run as administrator
- Provide access to installer that is locate in C:\Sage\Sage50_20xx_x\
- Select the exefile. Right-click it
- Click on Run as administrator
- In the dialog box, click on Repairoption
- Complete the installation process
4. Solution Four: Disable The User Account Control
Disabling the User Account Control is another important alternative to resolve the error.
To do so, you need to:
- Press Windows + R
- In the search bar, type useraccountcontrolsettings
- Click OK
- Move the slider bar and make it Nevernotify
- Click OK
- Click Yesif any prompt appears
- Restart your computer
5. Solution Five: Run The Program As Administrator
Run the program as Administrator to resolve the Sage 50 cannot be started error.
Here are the steps to be followed to achieve this:
- Start your computer
- Go to the Sage Icon
- Right-click the option
- Click on the Compatibility
- Select Run as administrator
- Click OK
Besides the above-mentioned solutions to the Sage 50 error scenarios, there are certain minor elements to check before executing the above-mentioned step-wise solutions to solve the problems.
Before you apply any of the above solutions to Sage 50 cannot be started issue, make sure your antivirus system is temporarily inactive. Antivirus software may not allow your accounting program to work properly.
6. Solution Six: It is a common solution to the problem.
- You need to restart pervasive on the system that is holding the data.
- Now, try to open the software, if it opens – software error is resolved.
- If you are working on a network and the workstation is getting the error but not the server, restart pervasive on workstation.
7. Solution Seven: First, you need to identify common cause. For that, run Sage Advisor Diagnostic test.
Note: You to follow such steps on the steps that are getting the error. If you are on a network and all systems are getting the same errors, you need to perform such steps on the server.
- Go to Start –> All Programs –> go to Sage 50 Accounting –> Resources & help –> Support Utility –> Sage Advisor Diagnostic tool.
- Click on Agree.
- At this step, you need to select all the tests that we are listing below and then Run selected tests.
- .NET Error Check – see at the bottom for the result.
- Company Location Test – if you find >OK at the end of each company file, that means all files are in correct location
- Data Path Permissions Check
- Locked Files Check
- Workgroup/Domain Check
- Product INI files Check:
- Firewalls Check
- IP Address Check
- Needed Files Check
- Server Access Check
Why Choose Us?
What can be the reasons behind Sage 50 cannot start?
However, several reasons can lead to this issue but the compatibility mode settings on shortcuts and damaged or incorrect data paths are the most apparent reasons.
How do you restart Sage 50 or resolve errors Sage 50 cannot start?
Using the Sage 50 Data Service Manager, you can easily start Sage 50. The steps involved: Initially, go to the Windows start button from your keyboard. Next, type Sage 50 Data Service Manager and then hit the Sage 50 Data Service Manager application. Now, enter the name of the computer where data is held then click Connect. After that, using drop-down choose the required version. Click Stop Service before clicking on the Data Service Manager. At last, hit the Start Service.
Why is sage running slowly?
Sage runs slowly when data gets corrupted or volume of data, infected anti-virus, computer or network issues or may have some environmental factors. There may be performance or drive access issues.